Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go 4 App: Camera Settings Aren't Blue & EV Numbers Don't Move

Reaction score
Website
www.dallasdronepros.com
2 things that I can't seem to figure out with the new Go 4.0 app.

#1: Has anyone with a dual operator setup on the Inspire 2 noticed that the camera settings along the top of the screen that display ISO, Shutter, and Aperture on the gimbal remote are not displayed in blue on the current setting?

On my pilot remote, I can click the right wheel on the remote to toggle between those camera settings and the current one is always highlighted in blue. On the gimbal screen, the blue highlight on the current setting is absent.

#2: When adjusting ISO, shutter, or aperture, the exposure number doesn't go up and down when you change the settings. On my Inspire 1, the little EV numbers display according to the exposure in the frame between -2.0 and +2.0. The ideal spot I've found is between -0.7 and -0.3. Too bad I'll never know with the Inspire 2 app.

Last edited:
Can someone please check something for me? This is about checking the EV (exposure) number movement next to the camera settings listed at the top of the DJI GO 4.0 app.

Once your Inspire 2 and DJI GO 4.0 app are on.
- Switch your camera mode to "M"(Manual).
- Click your right scroll wheel in on your remote and one of the camera settings will light up blue at the top of the app.
- Roll the wheel up and down to change the current blue setting. Click the scroll wheel again to move to the next setting.
- Leave the ISO at 100 and scroll the shutter or aperture numbers around.
- Watch the EV amount while changing the shutter or aperture to see if it changes. It's number range is -2.0 (under exposed) to +2.0 (over exposed) and every 0.3 interval in between.

This works perfectly fine on my Inspire 1 but seems to be completely broken on the Inspire 2.

I'm thinking it may be because I haven't updated my iPad Mini 2s to the latest iOS firmware. The DJI GO 4.0 apps are updated, but not the iPads themselves. If anyone can confirm their EV numbers move when settings are changed manually, that'd help me out greatly!

Checked it out for you this pm... my EV no's change up n down.
I am up to date on all firmware versions and my EV #'s change with exposure setting changes on my Inspire 2.

Thanks for checking it out. I guess I will update my iPad Mini's to iOS 10 since that's the only difference I can think of.

I think everything works fully on a single operator go4 system, but is a known bug with dual ops systems - the slave system doesn't highlight the selected value.

Is it doing the same for you on single and dual setups, or just dual setup? If just on dual, then you're probably not gonna get it fixed until DJI fix the problem in a future version of Go4.

Have the same problem on my dual remote controller. Works fine on the pilots controller, but not on the camera controller. My iPad mini has the latest iOS.

Just tried this for you on a dual setup with everything running on latest .140 (I2) and .110 (RC) firmware with Go4 4.0.5 - the blue highlight works as expected and shows the selected setting. EV values also go up/down as expected.
I noticed that too. That update came out less than a week after I created this thread so DJI was on top of it. Our Inspire 2 has been flying flawlessly since.

Reactions: NickU

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk