Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go 4 App NO GO after updating iPad to iOS 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.rhyantaylor.com
Is there anyone out there with an Inspire 2, iPad, DJI GO 4 App, unable to get the Go 4 App to connect to the aircraft after installing iOS 11? I am beyond frustrated as I’ve tried everything I can imagine to remedy this problem. #majorDJIregrets

I ALWAYS have to unplug and re-plug in the USB cable to get rid of the "Disconnected" screen on starting up the first time. Annoying, and I suspect is has something to do with the RC charging the iPad rather than doing a data stream on the first launch.

Reactions: rhyantaylor
Casey, interesting because I have noticed “confusion” between the iPad and the RC as far as if it’s deciding to charge or not. It’s like it wants to charge, then does not, then does, then does not, finally deciding not to charge when connected to the RC. And I tried unplugging it and plugging back in because of that weird issue, still no go. But I’ll try it again. It really should not be this much trouble to get this stuff to work. It’s depressing all considered. And where is DJI with all this? Hello? Is there anybody...Out there!?

On my iPad Air 2 with 11.0.2 I can hear it chime when I plug in the USB cable from the RC. If it doesn't chime, then I know it's going to be a long effort to get the thing working right.

As to the cables, some of my USB cables just don't work nor chime even though they show the USB mark on their plugs. The cheap white one from DJI doesn't work at all now and I had to go buy another OTG adapter for the P4 from the Lightning cable and then it chimed and I knew I was in. Still I had to unplug and re-plug the thing while everything was on to get the screen to refresh and show "Connected" with a camera image instead of the always present "Disconnected" and starting up.

Fwiw, the charging wire for my RC is shrinking shorter on the external covering and now just showing the tiny wires that are going into the plug. I expect it to break off soon. Typical of DJI junk.

Las Vegas needs a gaming or betting pool as to when - if ever DJI - will make software and firmware that actually works right. :mad:

Last edited:
On my iPad Air 2 with 11.0.2 I can hear it chime when I plug in the USB cable from the RC. If it doesn't chime, then I know it's going to be a long effort to get the thing working right.

As to the cables, some of my USB cables just don't work nor chime even though they show the USB mark on their plugs. The cheap white one from DJI doesn't work at all now and I had to go buy another OTG adapter for the P4 from the Lightning cable and then it chimed and I knew I was in. Still I had to unplug and re-plug the thing while everything was on to get the screen to refresh and show "Connected" with a camera image instead of the always present "Disconnected" and starting up.

Fwiw, the charging wire for my RC is shrinking shorter on the external covering and now just showing the tiny wires that are going into the plug. I expect it to break off soon. Typical of DJI junk.

Las Vegas needs a gaming or betting pool as to when - if ever DJI - will make software and firmware that actually works right. :mad:
And once “kinetic ops” starts taking out North Korea’s ICBM facilities next week, China(DJI) might send in troops like they did in the 1950’s. Better prepare to sell all your DJI products before the major shiite hits the fan-boy.

Anyone...having problems like mine? DJI Go4App, Inspire 2, iPad mini 4...App not communicating with the aircraft? I’ve tried everything I can imagine and NO GO. Is there anything within the iPad’s settings and/or options that would disable it or prevent it from working properly? I’ve made sure the cables are good (sending data), they are not cheap, non Apple made USB cables, the DJI App is current, the iPad has 100+ GB of space available, the RC sees the AC, the lights are green. Sometimes the App thinks I have a Phantom 4 and it begins checking firmware and versions, et cetera, but that obviously fails and I have to try again. Nothing I do works and this really stinks. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Also, one last bit on info. I erased and restored the iPad’s when I updated the iOS. I did this because there is a problem with Safari and “persistent cookies” remaining and the only way to rid myself of them was to restore both iPads and reinstall my important apps. And this was an exercise in Apple security bs all by itself. I turned off iCloud syncing, and other “automatic syncing”. Does anyone have knowledge about these things?? Maybe one has to “allow” these companies to see everything you do to get the drone in the air these days.

Do you have access to another rc unit... either for the Inspire or for another Dji quad that you could try? That way you can see if the cable/iPad work with a different rc....I'm wondering if you have a bad connection in the USB socket at the rc end.

Failing that, there is nothing in iOS that should lock out/disable the lightning port... the app that is running in the foreground will generally have access to it. Do you have any other apps running at the same time? If so, shut them down on the chance that one of them is hanging onto the lightning comms.

After that.. no real ideas for you I'm afraid... only the old tried n tested route of delete app, shut down & reboot iPad, reinstall app direct from App Store, turn on rc, plug in iPad to rc, start Dji Go 4, sign in to Dji account, start aircraft, wait for warmup.

Hello folks, after much frustration and thought. I finally solved my particular problems involving the iOS 11 update and the DJI Go 4 App "NO GO" Issue. I had to connect the iPad's to the computer directly, open iTunes and restore the software and do an iCloud backup restore. After I did that and things started working again. The original problem for me was when I erased and updated my iPads (mini 4's) via my home WiFi. Why that was an issue is deep and I don't want to get into it here. Also, I had other issues in addition to the DJI/Apple problem. I had persistent "zero byte" (yeah, right) cookies in Safari. I dislike companies tracking, watching and pushing ads on me so I wanted those gone! Unfortunately, when I restored the devices with an older iCloud backup and failed to deactivate the "Safari" iCloud backup slider under my Apple account on the iPad, the process actually ADDED MORE old persistent "undeletable" cookies to the iPad's. So I had to go thru the restore and back-up process a couple of times before I got the iPad's the way I wanted them AND working with my Inspire 2 sUAS. One essentially needs to fully familiarize themselves with Apple's menus and options. There are more and more tracking features being added to their already intrusive technology. Add to that we are flying DRONES. And drones are a treat to national security as you all know. So they REALLY want to know more about you. We're all idiots and need babysitters. After you've studied and looked deeper it really is amazing how much more these companies are tracking us. So, I recommend that everyone look into every setting on the iPad and TURN OFF as much as possible if you care about this stuff.

Reactions: Dxtrty
Is there anyone out there with an Inspire 2, iPad, DJI GO 4 App, unable to get the Go 4 App to connect to the aircraft after installing iOS 11? I am beyond frustrated as I’ve tried everything I can imagine to remedy this problem. #majorDJIregrets
I am a little confused as to why you have started another thread with almost an identical title when you were aware of the original thread (and posted to it) here...... DJI GO is a no go for iOS 11

You have also duplicated your post in both threads.
Since we do not allow double posting, this one is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212