Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI go app question about dual operator mode

Reaction score
Hi guys

My friend and I are looking at getting and inspire for us both to use with me being the cameraman. I am physically disabled and use a mouth control for all my equipment. I use a mobile phone by connecting a USB mouse using a USB to Micro USB adapter and then using a mouse pointer.

I knowI will be able to work the basic camera functions and I have seen a video that indicates you can work the gimbal by moving your finger across the mobile device but how reliable is this? If this way of operating the gimbal is not Reliable can my friend operate the gimbal and I still operate the camera controls?

We are planning on upgrading to the X5 at some point so I was also wondering if it's possible to work the zoom from the app?

Thanks

Hi guys

My friend and I are looking at getting and inspire for us both to use with me being the cameraman. I am physically disabled and use a mouth control for all my equipment. I use a mobile phone by connecting a USB mouse using a USB to Micro USB adapter and then using a mouse pointer.

I knowI will be able to work the basic camera functions and I have seen a video that indicates you can work the gimbal by moving your finger across the mobile device but how reliable is this? If this way of operating the gimbal is not Reliable can my friend operate the gimbal and I still operate the camera controls?

We are planning on upgrading to the X5 at some point so I was also wondering if it's possible to work the zoom from the app?

Thanks
The x-5 does zoom but it is digital and jumpy... I don't rely on the app to "get the Shot" It is slow to react (my experiences)
As for camera control I would def get the dual controller and find a way to modify it to work with your disability... I am disabled as well... I have found a lot of pleasure in flying and making videos. Get your inspire and get out there... Im sure you could find someone with enough know how to make mouth controls...
I wish you the best of Luck

Please can somebody tell me how reliable the moving of the gimbal is through the DJI go app? if it is not reliable can my friend worked the gimbal and have me work the camera? We want to do it as a dual operator as my friend Relatively new to flying drones and I would rather him concentrate on the flying and leave the camera to me!

Also can the inspire to utilise the active tracking as the Phantom 4 can?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Please can somebody tell me how reliable the moving of the gimbal is through the DJI go app? if it is not reliable can my friend worked the gimbal and have me work the camera? We want to do it as a dual operator as my friend Relatively new to flying drones and I would rather him concentrate on the flying and leave the camera to me!

Also can the inspire to utilise the active tracking as the Phantom 4 can?

Many thanks
no active track on I1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leightonfineart