Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go4, Android vs Mac, my experience

Reaction score
After manys frustrating days and weeks trying to work with my android devices (Samsung's tablet and mobile) I just could not fly the I2. No way. Reset everything and nothing works. Really maddening. I was about to return the drone. But somebody encouraged me to try with an Apple device. Luckily a friend of mine has an Ipad mini. I try it and miracle !. Everything worked perfectly, from the first moment, something never seen by me since I bought the drone. Obviously I just bought an Ipad mini and I started to fly the dron with a tranquility never reached until now.

For me it's unfortunate that DJI does things this way. In my case it has meant a new purchase. But at least now things work.

Reactions: Viper Pilot
This is unfortunately a very common experience. Some Android devices may work better than others, but so far DJI Go has a much better track record on iOS devices.

"Pssst! Hey buddy. Wanna buy some Samsung junk, er tablets and phones?" :p

Welcome to the dark side that actually works.

I have signal problems, when I used Samsung Tab Pro on my master controller and ipad mini 3 on slave. When I switched tablets the signal got much stronger with ipad mini 3 on Master controller. And dji go4 crashes sometimes Samsug tab pro...

Had the same problem with my Nvida tablets with the GO4 app when I upgraded to nougat, had my IT guy downgrade to Marshmallow and had no more problems. Understand there is a new Android OS in beta about to come out....I'll let someone else be the pioneer.

This is kind of ironic
I have been flying dji drones all the way from the original phantom inspire 1 mavic pro etc
I brought the inspire 2 recently and have always flown all craft with apple based tech iPhone 6 Plus 7 plus and iPad minis for the inspire series no questions asked
I'm currently using using a 5.5 inch crystal sky android dji tablet
All I can say is it is blindingly good
The difference is that DJI have written for android lollipop and one specific processor and hardware spec
Apple only ever have to write software for a handful of current devices 4 current iPads and two current phones
Any manufacturer can build 20 handsets with different hardware specs (Samsung) google,htc etc so to write software to suit every hardware configuration becomes difficult
Because Samsung change there phones and specs so quickly how do you write software for every configuration

Reactions: Dr. Fibinotchi
Hello All -- well, still in my 'analysis' phase of my Inspire 2 buy decision. Looking at my other hardware, including a Mavic, I have experience the choosy nature of the Samsung hardware. My personal cell phone is a Samsung S7 which is just great, and I use a Samsung Tab S2 with my Mavic which works fine but the tablet will not sync WIFI with some other hardware. Ironically, the S7 cell will sync up. ARGHH!!

So looking to bite a big bullet and pick up an Apple iPad Pro (they look nice) but wondering if anyone has experience with the Apple tablet vintages and has any comments or advice. My guess is that the new iPad Pro tablets will work fine with the Inspire, but (knock on wood) --- what say out there guys???

Thanks for the advice in advance ---- Bob :)

A lot of people do use iPad Pros with the I2, the only thing to be aware of is that the new 10.5 inch model, and of course the larger one, are taller than the I2 tablet mount specification allows for.

Some people say the 10.5" still fits for them, unmodified or with minimal modification, butif it doesn't fit for you then you'll need to buy an extension for it. I think they're fairly cheap though.

If you really like Android you may want to look at DJI's new Crystal Sky units, and they do have brighter screens, but I prefer iOS and would like to use a tablet for more than flying the I2 and use more than just the DJI Go app, so I plan to buy a 10.5" iPad Pro.

A lot of people do use iPad Pros with the I2, the only thing to be aware of is that the new 10.5 inch model, and of course the larger one, are taller than the I2 tablet mount specification allows for.

Some people say the 10.5" still fits for them, unmodified or with minimal modification, butif it doesn't fit for you then you'll need to buy an extension for it. I think they're fairly cheap though.

If you really like Android you may want to look at DJI's new Crystal Sky units, and they do have brighter screens, but I prefer iOS and would like to use a tablet for more than flying the I2 and use more than just the DJI Go app, so I plan to buy a 10.5" iPad Pro.

Hello Shawn --- I am going to look into the iPad Pros and check out the size for everything. The 10.5" is really nice for various uses but hopefully is not too big. I will probably dedicate my Samsung Tab S2 (7") to the Mavic controller and go with the larger iPad Pro for the I2 application. Thanks for the feedback comments.
Cheers --- Bob ---- ;)

I switch from an old iPad to iPad Pro 9.7. The Apps can be quite demanding on yr tablet, just feel how warm it gets around the vents after a few flight. I use Autoflight Autopilot & they advised the upgrade. With my old iPad, the app would crash occasionally & would get very hot.
On the ironic point, the original DJI phantom (lets call it phantom 1) required a PC to change any of the settings and preferences, I had to install Parallels on my MAC just to turn on RTH in the RC & adjust the sensitivity of the controls. There was no Apple version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveamelia102