Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Ground Station app...bouncy footage...

Reaction score
Anyone else encountering this?

When I run a fully automated mission, the gimbal/camera bounces. If I fly manually, the camera and gimbal go back to being perfectly smooth. If I run semi-automated flight (automate the flight, but not the camera), the video, again, is perfectly smooth. It's not a big deal to operate the camera tilt angle manually. So that's my work-around for now.

I'm filming a construction site every 2 weeks for the next 1.5 years. So it would be nice to get perfect tilt consistency for every flight.

Here's a video of the bounciness.

And yes, everything has been calibrated.

D

Anyone else encountering this?

When I run a fully automated mission, the gimbal/camera bounces. If I fly manually, the camera and gimbal go back to being perfectly smooth. If I run semi-automated flight (automate the flight, but not the camera), the video, again, is perfectly smooth. It's not a big deal to operate the camera tilt angle manually. So that's my work-around for now.

I'm filming a construction site every 2 weeks for the next 1.5 years. So it would be nice to get perfect tilt consistency for every flight.

Here's a video of the bounciness.

And yes, everything has been calibrated.

D
Frank can i ask How much you charge per flight?
Thanks
Mariano

Frank can i ask How much you charge per flight?
Thanks
Mariano

I don't charge by the flight. I charge by the hour, the mile, the day or half day. And it depends on what I'm doing, where, what are the deliverables? Am I delivering raw footage? Or a finished, produced video? Maybe they just want stills? Do they want a video produced from stills? Do they want fully processed stills? Am I color correcting? Am I near an airport? Or on BLM land? And on and on and on.

If someone wants to nail me down to a price, generally speaking, my rates are $100/hour (2 hour minimum), and $1.00/mile. But that price quinteples if I'm shooting on a film set. Why? Because I need a minimum of 2 guys for half-day, 3 guys for full day. Getting permits is a huge hassle. I'm usually on location, which is dirty, messy, windy, nasty for aerial, and on and on.

When the first thing out of customer's mouth is, "How much do you charge," I just want to hang up...but I don't. I tell them everything I just told you.

I just worked out a construction progress contract. The customer wanted aerial video every 2 weeks for 1.5 years (until the project is finished), and then a finished video at the end of the project. I agreed to $100/flight + $20 mileage/flight + tax + 4 hours for editing at the end of the project (which is VERY generous - because I correct color, editing usually takes more like 8 hours). This gig, which I secured just 3 or 4 days ago, has already spawned into a commercial real estate video, which I hard bid @ $800.

Here's the example they used as what they wanted:

Thank you, I'm planing on going that route here in TX lost of construction,and can be done on weekends till my real job cease, 100 sound good rate wont want to mess up the industry going to cheap
Thanks

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Hey doods;

So I have done another test flight of the same mission, but with the camera in Manual mode (tilt), and the anomaly has disappeared. Here's a quick-n-dirty video:

Clearly, this bounciness is a bug in the DJI GS app.

D

Last edited:
I don't charge by the flight. I charge by the hour, the mile, the day or half day. And it depends on what I'm doing, where, what are the deliverables? Am I delivering raw footage? Or a finished, produced video? Maybe they just want stills? Do they want a video produced from stills? Do they want fully processed stills? Am I color correcting? Am I near an airport? Or on BLM land? And on and on and on.

If someone wants to nail me down to a price, generally speaking, my rates are $100/hour (2 hour minimum), and $1.00/mile. But that price quinteples if I'm shooting on a film set. Why? Because I need a minimum of 2 guys for half-day, 3 guys for full day. Getting permits is a huge hassle. I'm usually on location, which is dirty, messy, windy, nasty for aerial, and on and on.

When the first thing out of customer's mouth is, "How much do you charge," I just want to hang up...but I don't. I tell them everything I just told you.

I just worked out a construction progress contract. The customer wanted aerial video every 2 weeks for 1.5 years (until the project is finished), and then a finished video at the end of the project. I agreed to $100/flight + $20 mileage/flight + tax + 4 hours for editing at the end of the project (which is VERY generous - because I correct color, editing usually takes more like 8 hours). This gig, which I secured just 3 or 4 days ago, has already spawned into a commercial real estate video, which I hard bid @ $800.

Here's the example they used as what they wanted:

Geez that's cheap. We charge minimum $200 hour but usually more. Gotta think equipment, insurance, travel, and time. $200 an hour is pretty cheap even

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Geez that's cheap. We charge minimum $200 hour but usually more. Gotta think equipment, insurance, travel, and time. $200 an hour is pretty cheap even

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I guess you didn't read the whole thing. A.D.D. version: $100/hour, 2 hour minimum + $1/mile (each way). $500/hour for film. This, in the 3rd poorest state in the nation.

New Mexico ranks worst in U.S. for poverty

Now that you're done bragging, do you have anything to contribute to the thread? The title isn't "How much do you charge? Please share." The title is "DJI Ground Station app..."

Last edited:
Reactions: marg2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irene