Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 V2 (Lights stay witched on when Recording)

Reaction score
Hi Friends,
A quick question I notice of recent the front lights say on all the time event when recording or not.

Prior to this the lights went out once you started filming.
It's not a bother but just wondering have I switched something unknown to me that keeps them shinging.
Any thought would be great.

Thank you,

All I can say, is that my inspire 1 v2 stay on, never seen any way in dji go 4 to turn them off

@PressMan The Inspire series do NOT allow disabling of the lights mainly because of safety issues, I mean you'd like to at least see one coming straight for you at night right ? And also it doesn't effect the recording of footage at all. - even in pitch darkness, you wouldn't be filming much in any case.

The P4s and I think the P3s all allow the running front lights to be switched off when recording video or photo, because if it was on at night you'd get red artefacts and hues of varying colors crawling into the camera sensor - definitely ruining your shot.

Last edited:
@PressMan allow disabling of the lights mainly because of safety issues, I mean you'd like to at least see one coming straight for you at night right ? And also it doesn't effect the recording of footage at all. - even in pitch darkness, you wouldn't be filming much in any case.

The P4s and I think the P3s all allow the running front lights to be switched off when recording video or photo, because if it was on at night you'd get red artefacts and hues of varying colors crawling into the camera sensor - definitely ruining your shot.
Thanks so much..

Reactions: JRenner
No I am using justGO App not the go 4
It's not causing me any bother but just wondering should it remain on all the time.

Thank you very much.
Well, my question was @Jmann since he says "All I can say, is that my inspire 1 v2 stay on, never seen any way in dji go 4 to turn them off"

Hi Friends,
A quick question I notice of recent the front lights say on all the time event when recording or not.

Prior to this the lights went out once you started filming.
It's not a bother but just wondering have I switched something unknown to me that keeps them shinging.
Any thought would be great.

Thank you,
No they didn't - the option to turn off the front LEDs has never been active on the Inspire platform since with retractable landing gear it is not necessary.

Hi new to the forum
My inspire front and rear leds are not on when the inspire is on the top status led by my battery is working great. Is there something I’m missing
I am using DJI GO app and the model selected is the inspire 1
Thank you for any insight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207