Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire One VS DJI S900 with GH4

Hmmm....I actually thought the Inspire footage was pretty sparsely interleaved in that comparison, and the footage that was there looked jerky and of noticeably lower quality than the GH4. And that was at night.

If DJI truly picked apart the guts of a GoPro 4 and is using the same Sony-made sensor in their Inspire1 camera as is rumored, I wonder if they could do the same with a higher end camera. Or simply partner with a high-end camera manufacturer and create an Inspire1 camera + gimbal for high-end use.

Hmmm....I actually thought the Inspire footage was pretty sparsely interleaved in that comparison, and the footage that was there looked jerky and of noticeably lower quality than the GH4. And that was at night.

If DJI truly picked apart the guts of a GoPro 4 and is using the same Sony-made sensor in their Inspire1 camera as is rumored, I wonder if they could do the same with a higher end camera. Or simply partner with a high-end camera manufacturer and create an Inspire1 camera + gimbal for high-end use.

I have to agree, I was disappointed with how "jerky" the Inspire pans were. It could be perhaps a result of choosing the incorrect shutter speed or FPS?

as to the high end sensor in a new gimbal, DJI has already said that they are planning more for that interchangeable camera/gimbal combination, so perhaps that is next. They like to make money on each iteration of their product, in the Apple mode.

This is really one of the coolest aspects of the Inspire, the QD camera and gimbal opens the platform up to many camera options. The new breed of cheap IR sensors (Seek Thermal) will answer one market segment. The filters can be interesting, but we'd have to know how much weight can be supported on the filters before over stressing the gimbal motor.

I'd really like to see a zoom lens camera option.

Zoom is worthless on craft ;for still photography you would need pretty high speed camera setting to get sharp image and for video ,any slide panning will end up as big smear .
The advantage of the multi rotor aerial photo/video ,to fly to desired distance to the subject

Zoom is worthless on craft ;for still photography you would need pretty high speed camera setting to get sharp image and for video ,any slide panning will end up as big smear .
The advantage of the multi rotor aerial photo/video ,to fly to desired distance to the subject

I'm sorry you've had such poor experience with zoom lenses on an aerial platform. I've had very good results with zoom lenses and some of the applications my customers are working on require zoom. I'm coming to the Inspire from the opposite direction of most people, I've been working with military aerial camera platforms for many years.

I'm impressed & getting very excited. The GH4 had the edge but this is an amazing result for such a small sensor!

Great video the S900/GH4 looks great but that equipment its better and more expensive. The Inspire 1 footage its good, not as good as the S900/ GH4 but i preffer the Inspire One, less expensive and an absolutely beautiful drone. (which is something i cant say about the s900, i know its a professional device but its also really ugly)

Reactions: lrwskyfilms

I have zoom on my S800 rig. I modified an off the shelf gimbal with a servo and pulley to drive the zoom ring on my Nex camera. It works really well.

Reactions: ctp
Unfortunately, comparisons like this are worthless.

YouTube re compresses whatever is uploaded and destroys whatever quality might be there in the first place. There is no way to overcome this limitation as YT re compresses the video how IT wants to. This is irrespective of what format, frame rate, codec, pixel size, luma or chroma depth is thrown at it.

The only thing YouTube is good for is people uploading video taken on their phones of their cats playing with a ball of wool !!:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters