Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Pilot App

Guys getting my bird today. Very excited but feeling daunted with all the issues...I want to get a new iPad mini with cellular for my inspire but given the issues with Apple, not sure if I should go android. iPad are not cheap.

Plus any issues with this iOS app? It hasn't been updated for a while now right.

Any thoughts? TIA
Go with IPad mini 2 or 3 or Air 2. I use them all with 100% success!

Last edited:
Reactions: z33
Ok thanks for all the advice guys. Going to hold off on the android tablet for now.

Will click on Mohan's link to d/l to my Air2 and get that going first.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
To those of you that have the app installed on an iPad, does the camera video work/show correctly on the iPad while you are flying? I haven't ordered an Inspire yet, but am really considering it.
Thanks for your information

Yes, I have an iPad Air 2, works great.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
How many gigs does this thing take up? I tried to install it on my iPhone and it says its now over capacity by 13 gigs?!

That's great, enjoy your Inspire 1, just make sure you check all the FW, IMU and Compass a couple of times before your first flight. Check those props and make sure the locks are on if you have them. I flew several times with OUT the Prop Locks but i made sure the props where real tight and flew 10 times with out the locks, In fact i just received the locks yesterday and have NOT flown as of yet with them installed.

Inspire @FW = .16 see upgrade procedure first, you you should be on .9.2 IOS.

Have fun and keep us all posted.
Best regards,
Steve

Correction:

9.2 IOS App uses 166 MB on the IPAD mini 2 i have here but that's including my flight data, the raw installation is: 77.9 MB (APP SIZE is 88.9 MB) assume after installation is 77.9 MB before you add doc's and others flight information.

Go with IPad mini 2 or 3 or Air 2. I use them all with 100% success!

Here is what I just submitted to DJI as a BUG.
Inspire 1 with that latest FW .16 and the IOS app 0.9.2 in IPAD Air 2 and after 5 minutes, i loose the video feed and all telemetry data that WAS being displayed, red error showing NO Signal and the announcement that the craft will be returning to the home position.

Steve
...Doesn't sound like 100% success to me..?
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Here is what I just submitted to DJI as a BUG.
Inspire 1 with that latest FW .16 and the IOS app 0.9.2 in IPAD Air 2 and after 5 minutes, i loose the video feed and all telemetry data that WAS being displayed, red error showing NO Signal and the announcement that the craft will be returning to the home position.

Steve
...Doesn't sound like 100% success to me..?
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

That is not the typical experience - if this is happening with each flight looks like you will need DJI tech support as you have a hardware issue which has nothing to do with the app. My Ipad does not lose the video feed.

That is not the typical experience - if this is happening with each flight looks like you will need DJI tech support as you have a hardware issue which has nothing to do with the app. My Ipad does not lose the video feed.
...Mohan, you might want to direct your response to the person that i quoted.
WDBell
www.GasRecovery.net

Last edited:
Hello Mohan.
Any chance you could post an updated link? The current one says it has reached its maximum number of downloads.
New iPad waiting to fly with Inspire1
Thanks in advance if you can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu