Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Pilot App

The Pilot app is unlikely to ever appear on the official Apple iOS app store. The Lightbridge app hasn't so far and that's been out for a long time. I think it's something to do with Apple needing to certify the entire hardware/software solution rather than just the app.

I just redownloaded the iOS app and the number has not changed v0.9.1 but they have added two new manuals, Safety Guidelines and Battery Safety Guidelines, plus some new videos that I do not remember on how to set the Inpire up and Dual Tx operation. You may want to check it out.

I really wish they could put the flight simulator in the Android app.

Spoke with DJI support today, 2015-01-15, and they had 'no eta' on simulator coming into the android app. Seems silly that Android doesn't get this. Android's got bigger market share. Maybe their IOS first policy will change after a while. We can hope.

Reactions: skillet
Spoke with DJI support today, 2015-01-15, and they had 'no eta' on simulator coming into the android app. Seems silly that Android doesn't get this. Android's got bigger market share. Maybe their IOS first policy will change after a while. We can hope.
Do you mean iOS ?

Is there an official update yet on when the iOS DJI Pilot app is being released with Apple? It's ridiculous that units are hitting customers, yet the app isn't ready for download, surely there's a release date by now???

Just another example of DJI's botched release. Come on GoPro (or Apple?)!

I just contacted DJI in China this morning, my EST, they are going to the apple store with v0.9.2 version, so that is why it's not available via the DJI website and could be online at Apple Store later today.. Will see. Hope that helps a bit...
Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I hear you. Since Apple has several DJI app's already, i am sure Apple will make DJI fix all the bugs before allowing the posting via the Apple Store. It's all good for us!

Best regards,
Steve

So there's no working link to download this app on iPad air 2 as of yet? Any links been given out don't work.

I can't believe that DJI did NOT communicate to all their customers and on there website that the IOS pplication will be back online and tell is what's going on and give us a date when the app will be available for downloading and where. This notice would have been appreciated since we all paid IN ADVANCE for this Inspire 1 and waited a couple of months for delivery and some of us seem to be DJI Inspire 1 beta sights at $3+K of our own expense! Maybe DJI should credit owners 40% back of the purchase price we each paid for their Inspire 1 for all the pain we are taking. Comments?

I can't believe that DJI did NOT communicate to all their customers and on there website that the IOS application will be back online and tell is what's going on and give us a date when the app will be available for downloading and where. This notice would have been appreciated since we all paid IN ADVANCE for this Inspire 1 and waited a couple of months for delivery and some of us seem to be DJI Inspire 1 beta sights at $3+K of our own expense! Maybe DJI should credit owners 40% back of the purchase price we each paid for their Inspire 1 for all the pain we are taking. Comments?

Apparently, the iOS version of the app requires an ipad 4 or newer or iphone 6 or newer. I tried it on my ipad 3 and it doesn't launch. It works fine on my iphone 6.

Can you please share the 'App file' need it desperately

You're not the only one!!! I'm a UK user that has just received my Inspire 1 after waiting for weeks and weeks, just like everyone else. I get it, and now I can't use the damned thing because DJI can't project manage a seamless product release with the necessary tools in place for it to be used properly.

Product delays due to "issues", fine. People accepted that and have mostly waited patiently. However, putting it frankly, they just haven't got their **** together on this one. We're not talking about silly little Tonka Toys here, there are a lot of professional videographers waiting for a tool that has promised so much, yet have had to endure setback after setback.

They haven't managed people's expectations, and they are very simple; to be able to use the product they have spent a lot of their hard earned cash on!

I can't believe that DJI did NOT communicate to all their customers and on there website that the IOS application will be back online and tell is what's going on and give us a date when the app will be available for downloading and where. This notice would have been appreciated since we all paid IN ADVANCE for this Inspire 1 and waited a couple of months for delivery and some of us seem to be DJI Inspire 1 beta sights at $3+K of our own expense! Maybe DJI should credit owners 40% back of the purchase price we each paid for their Inspire 1 for all the pain we are taking. Comments?

Here is what I just submitted to DJI as a BUG.
Inspire 1 with that latest FW .16 and the IOS app 0.9.2 in IPAD Air 2 and after 5 minutes, i loose the video feed and all telemetry data that WAS being displayed, red error showing NO Signal and the announcement that the craft will be returning to the home position.

NOTE: I still have control between the inspire 1 and the remote but no data and flying VFR. So I landed the inspire 1, then power off the controller and then the video and telemetry data returns and the safe to fly in green is displayed on the IPAD IOS APP again..

I asked DJI to let me know what i need to do to correct this from reoccurring. Folks, I am not confident that i should be flying this inspire and it could be unsafe and go down on it's own.

So waiting for a DJI reply and will post this issue one I know what we are going to do..
Best regards,
Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu