Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Spotlight on Gimbal - Wingsland Z15 - Why so pricey?

Reaction score
I was interested in the Z15 spotlight as a good LED light source. Some better than a pair or quad of Lume Cubes.
Little disappointed it was limited to the M200 series... should be a M600, if a dual gimbal would be introduced.

I've been waiting to see price... assuming since it's a DJI product, on a gimbal it'll be high priced for an LED Light
Although my guess was very low to what I'm seeing listed on various sights... that do list.

It appears the Retail is $2500 USD and I've seen it listed at $2300.

For this price, is this a light you'll have high interest in?
Am I missing something here... 4 LED, Movable Gimbal, power provided externally by M200 series.
Is there hi-tech, breaking new technology within the payload?
I'm sure for SAR work or St or Govt Shops, it'll be purchased.

The XT & XT2 are over priced, and difficult to find an alternative so accepting extreme price is a little more required.
But a Quad LED Gimbal light... that's a hefty price.
Easy alternative, not quite as fancy and not on gimbal... but to put down a lot of light on the ground... a Quad or 2x Quad of Lume Cubes is impressive and useable on multiple platforms.
I don't recall where off hand, but I've seen large LED panels made to mount and power off the M600Pro or M210 series for a lot less.

I was interested in the Z15 spotlight as a good LED light source. Some better than a pair or quad of Lume Cubes.
Little disappointed it was limited to the M200 series... should be a M600, if a dual gimbal would be introduced.

I've been waiting to see price... assuming since it's a DJI product, on a gimbal it'll be high priced for an LED Light
Although my guess was very low to what I'm seeing listed on various sights... that do list.

Am I missing something here... 4 LED, Movable Gimbal, power provided externally by M200 series.

The XT & XT2 are over priced, and difficult to find an alternative so accepting extreme price is a little more required.
Easy alternative, not quite as fancy and not on gimbal... but to put down a lot of light on the ground... a Quad or 2x Quad of Lume Cubes is impressive and useable on multiple platforms.
I don't recall where off hand, but I've seen large LED panels made to mount and power off the M600Pro or M210 series for a lot less.

$2300 is ridiculous. If I had a billion dollars I wouldn't pay $2300 for an LED. Dollars to doughnuts you can come up with a lighting solution for 1/10th that cost.

D

$2300 is ridiculous. If I had a billion dollars I wouldn't pay $2300 for an LED. Dollars to doughnuts you can come up with a lighting solution for 1/10th that cost.

D
actually I tested the waters... the quotes I received were $2500
Agree, that's excessive for LED light.

Here's some massive LED lights... requires the M600Pro for the large gear for 130,000 Lumens

Reactions: niki

I was considering this payload as well for landscape photography, since I owe M200. It's confirmed that Z15 will work with single gimbal mount on basic M200, controlled by Pilot app. However, I abandon the idea once I've seen the price. I can employ my Inspire 1 to carry more powerful DIY scene lighting for 1/10 of Z15 price. Sure thing, not a gimbal for S&R or bad boys tracking, but that's not what I'm after anyway.

Last edited:

I recently purchased a 210 v2 package at work. The Z15 was $1250. It is new. M210 v2 8 batteries, GPC case, z30, z15 was 16,500. I got 3 quotes. They varied by over $3000. Couldn't afford the xt2 but the low quote on it was 10,200 vs MSRP of 13k.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool