Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI TB47 & TB48 Insulators, Customer Support Issues

Reaction score

I spent some time months ago reading the info regarding battery insulators and warmers.

In August I included 2 insulators in my order. They sent me 1 correct TB47 insulator and the incorrect T48 insulator!

They look identical in appearance and specs – except for the TB48 name and data.

I contacted Customer support, my experience with DJI support is detached and not great. They don't respond in anyway to make a solid problem resolution. They create a ticket and the lame answers go on and on.

On this matter, no reply on incorrect shipment.

Can I used the T48 insulators on the T47 batteries??

I use them in conjunction with my battery warmers. The battery warmers seem like a good idea. Insulators go on at 5 C or less.

Battery warmers I use if it's 15 C or less outside.

BIG QUESTION: DJI fails to say anywhere if it's ok to try and reuse the insulator stickers. They are not easy to remove and get a little roughed up peeling them off.

One I butchered and the remaining 2 seem good. They may fray a bit at some edges but otherwise I don't think they will fall off and threaten the props.

You would think it would not take that much imagination to give a instruction on how the insulators are to be effectively used and when to discard them.

Customer Support should be people who actually have to use the technology so they get a intimate experience of the challenges we face.

I put mine on last winter then I flew to Cairns and Sydney, Australia from Canada.
Flew on high humidity and 35 C temperatures with no issue.
I just keep mine on all the time anyway.
Never used the battery warmers even though I have them.

Reactions: JamesSpringPilot

I spent some time months ago reading the info regarding battery insulators and warmers.

In August I included 2 insulators in my order. They sent me 1 correct TB47 insulator and the incorrect T48 insulator!

They look identical in appearance and specs – except for the TB48 name and data.

I contacted Customer support, my experience with DJI support is detached and not great. They don't respond in anyway to make a solid problem resolution. They create a ticket and the lame answers go on and on.

On this matter, no reply on incorrect shipment.

Can I used the T48 insulators on the T47 batteries??

I use them in conjunction with my battery warmers. The battery warmers seem like a good idea. Insulators go on at 5 C or less.

Battery warmers I use if it's 15 C or less outside.

BIG QUESTION: DJI fails to say anywhere if it's ok to try and reuse the insulator stickers. They are not easy to remove and get a little roughed up peeling them off.

One I butchered and the remaining 2 seem good. They may fray a bit at some edges but otherwise I don't think they will fall off and threaten the props.

You would think it would not take that much imagination to give a instruction on how the insulators are to be effectively used and when to discard them.

Customer Support should be people who actually have to use the technology so they get a intimate experience of the challenges we face.
I know I'm not answering your big question specificly however in my opinion the battery insulators are not necessary.

If you keep the core temperature of your batteries above 15°C then the aircraft will start. Once charge begins to get drawn from the battery its core temperature rises even though air temperature is below 15°C.

You are better testing this yourself by monitoring the battery temperature in the GO app. Your mind will be at easy once you have proved this to be true for yourself rather than just taking anyones word for it.

If you are in the Arctic things may be different. :)

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

I put mine on last winter then I flew to Cairns and Sydney, Australia from Canada.
Flew on high humidity and 35 C temperatures with no issue.
I just keep mine on all the time anyway.
Never used the battery warmers even though I have them.
I don't know how warm in degrees Celsius the insulators keep the batteries but in the summer I don't have them on. When the weather is 35 to 40 Celsius in the summer here, my batteries this summer got as high as 59 Celsius. In the previous summer it was a really hot season and I believe the hottest one of my batteries ever got was 69 Celsius.

Thanks for the info, I've never had a problem starting the motors. I think 17 Celsius was my lowest starting temperature. Before I got the warmers – I kept them inside my jacket or in the house before I headed out in a heated car.

Used the insulators once. Not anymore after the trouble getting them off. I wouldn't leave them on as it can get to 40C in Canberra, Australia. Canberra also gets very cold - a few below zero - not cold by Canadian standards I know. Had a dawn flight in winter, where the motors refused to start. A few minutes in the battery warmers and all was well. No alerts when flying in the frosty air, even without the insulators. My fingers got too cold, while wearing fingerless gloves, to control the gimbal control knob or remove the battery. So the human, rather than the aircraft, wouldn't want to fly in colder weather!

Reactions: JamesSpringPilot
Used the insulators once. Not anymore after the trouble getting them off. I wouldn't leave them on as it can get to 40C in Canberra, Australia. Canberra also gets very cold - a few below zero - not cold by Canadian standards I know. Had a dawn flight in winter, where the motors refused to start. A few minutes in the battery warmers and all was well. No alerts when flying in the frosty air, even without the insulators. My fingers got too cold, while wearing fingerless gloves, to control the gimbal control knob or remove the battery. So the human, rather than the aircraft, wouldn't want to fly in colder weather!
Thanks, good to know! I started experimenting with one battery insulated to compare how much hotter. Insulators are a pain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk