Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Do you need a license

I'm the moderator of the NY Quadcopters Group on Facebook, a long time UAV pilot (hobby and commercial) and I live in NY. Your question is one that comes up all the time. The FAA has jurisdiction over the sky but NY has still made it illegal. You are literally subject to arrest if you're caught. It's happened. If you fly in Manhattan you're really pushing it especially since Trump was elected and the NFZ. If you search deep you'll find the language. Believe me, we all want to be able to fly in NYC but you can't. Here's two quick links we posted in our group. You're welcome to join at anytime.

2006 New York Code - :: Avigation In And Over The City.
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...-be-a-huge-nyc-industry-if-only-it-were-legal

Strange...Casey Neistat seems to have no trouble or worry at all flying his drones all over NYC. Preferential treatment at its finest?

An Inspire 1 or 2 is not a toy, its a full blown professional drone with long range flight. It weighs enough to do some serious damage to persons or property if it falls out of the sky. If you own one and want to save yourself the $3000 dollars or more it cost you, I suggest taking a flight course, and learn how to use it. Most drone operators with no experience crash as soon as they take off, More than mot Inspire Operators crash as soon as they take off. If you have to come to this blog and ask weather you need a license or registration then you need to take a course and learn how to fly, learn how to use the camera, learn what to do in an emergency, and learn the FAA rules and regulations.
Where can I take such a course? Is there one you recommend, I live in Michigan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry