Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Does the X3 on Inspire 1 still take good pictures in 2020?

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a used Inspire 1 with X3 camera. I am mainly going to be taking pictures and some videos mostly for real estate. I don't think I will be getting the X5 anytime soon as that basically doubles the price. I'm looking for some honest opinions about the pictures that come from the X3 as I haven't really found anybody talking about photography vs videography. Also, the new Mavic Air 2 is very intriguing and I'm wondering if the fly more combo would be a better fit for me? Just a thought.
Thanks

in my opinion x3 still does the job.

but it depends on your quality needs and target/customer.
if its only facebook,instagram or any social network. well even some websites

i fly mainly with an inspire2 x7 and x5 and set of lens + another drone lifter for my nikon D5.
but those are for my photography projects.

the picture i uploaded its a screenshot of a picture made with a old mavic 1 pro, 2 months ago, i was teaching my gf to fly and take pictures lol.

inspire1 looks more "pro" but i think, in my opinion even a mavic1pro/x3 RAW/AEB and some editing skills does the job, unless you need very high quality demand.

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-05-26 alle 15.12.54.png
    Schermata 2020-05-26 alle 15.12.54.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Reactions: Donnie Frank
It depends what you're shooting. I use my X3 for construction progress videos, but use my X5 for any creative endeavors. But this is all video work. I rarely take photos with my Inspire 1. If I recall, the Inspire 1 can't take bracketed photos or RAW photos. Man...I would have to look. If it doesn't, those would be deal-breakers for me.

D

It depends what you're shooting. I use my X3 for construction progress videos, but use my X5 for any creative endeavors. But this is all video work. I rarely take photos with my Inspire 1. If I recall, the Inspire 1 can't take bracketed photos or RAW photos. Man...I would have to look. If it doesn't, those would be deal-breakers for me.

D
Yea, I would appreciate if you could look because if it can't shoot raw, I definitely won't buy it.

I have the I1, I2 and Mavic. I think the biggest advantage for the Mavic is the portability. The Inspire would likely do a better job. I have always liked the X3. But, one thing you should consider when shooting real estate pics is the need for telephoto to bring the background in. The I1 with the Z3 does a good job for that. I mainly use my I2 for shooting. But I am should video more than stills. Once you load a bigger camera able to change out the lenses, that is where things get a lot better and especially with a bigger sensor. I would check some of the Youtube review videos to see if someone can show the differences. But unless you are blowing up the pics, rather than simply putting them on a webpage, you probably will not notice a diff.

Yea, I would appreciate if you could look because if it can't shoot raw, I definitely won't buy it.

This must be your lucky day because not only am I home doing nothing, but unpacking a drone without a paycheck is something I haven't done in almost a year! HA! That said, seems I may have erred. The Inspire 1 (v2) with X3 camera DOES do both RAW and bracketing.

1590514824406.png

1590514872963.png

So there ya go. I believe the photos are bracketed 1 Stop apart.

D

Reactions: Tim Stewart
This must be your lucky day because not only am I home doing nothing, but unpacking a drone without a paycheck is something I haven't done in almost a year! HA! That said, seems I may have erred. The Inspire 1 (v2) with X3 camera DOES do both RAW and bracketing.

View attachment 28892

View attachment 28893

So there ya go. I believe the photos are bracketed 1 Stop apart.

D
Thanks, I think I'll probably go with the I1 then.

I am looking at buying a used Inspire 1 with X3 camera. I am mainly going to be taking pictures and some videos mostly for real estate. I don't think I will be getting the X5 anytime soon as that basically doubles the price. I'm looking for some honest opinions about the pictures that come from the X3 as I haven't really found anybody talking about photography vs videography. Also, the new Mavic Air 2 is very intriguing and I'm wondering if the fly more combo would be a better fit for me? Just a thought.
Thanks
Go with the new technology. X3 never took good photos and video at least not in today's standard. All files from I1 suffered from strong magenta tint and they required fair bit of work in post to make them look at least half decent.

Reactions: ReadyKilowatt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg