Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

drone hovers for several seconds before doing some weird auto land?

Reaction score
Website
www.beverlyhillsaerials.com
When I try and land the drone hovers for several seconds before doing a auto land? I can't manually control the landing. How do I turn this off.

Ive tried to turn this option off... but can't seem to figure it out. any one know what I am talking about ?

Last edited:
Are you in some NFZ where it defaults into auto-landing? I heard the mountains around Mulholland Drive from the Santa Monica coastline (Pt. Mugu south and inland.). over to the 110 Fwy. are some sort of new National Park where it used to be a Recreational Park with some state parks mixed in but now mostly federal. Maybe it is locked out now.

Still not quite sure what you mean. However, I fly back to my location and begin my landing cycle. I once the legs extend downward, the drone hovers for a few seconds and then lands. I am pulling back on the left stick the entire time. I assume that it is meant to over for a few seconds so the downward facing sensors have a good look at the landing zone before committing. Just a guess on my part though.

sounds like the autoland and landing protection are kicking in - it can be a right PITA, especially if you're trying to land manually just as the critical battery warning kicks in (it tends to either immediately plonk the ac down with minimal warning, or holds the ac hovering so it can "scan" the landing zone when you're commanding it to land - drives you nuts as you're conflicted between trying to land as power is critical and wondering why it's ignoring the stick commands & won't land :( )

Everything's packed away at the minute so I can't give you the exact menu entries... but check out the visual navigation settings, especially under the advanced settings and downward vision positioning, you should find a few bits to disable in amongst those!

Last edited:
Reactions: deltalimatango
When I try and land the drone hovers for several seconds before doing a auto land? I can't manually control the landing. How do I turn this off.

Ive tried to turn this option off... but can't seem to figure it out. any one know what I am talking about ?

Go to the main controller settings tab > advanced > turn off Automatic Landing Gear and Near-Ground Warning, unless you really need it turn off Quickspin also (some people have had issues with it while trying to land). Next go to Visual Navigation Settings > Advanced and turn off Landing Protection. Do read about all these features so you do not follow us blindly.

Do you have the GPS module on it . Mine does an it disconnected a couple times right next to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ste9