Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Pricing Strategy-Why DJI is so Expensive

Reaction score
Anyone who pilots quads knows who DJI is and what they mean to this industry. So what about DJI drones pricing strategy? For those quad users, many have spent easily more than $1000 USD on this hobby. As 80% of the audience using RTF drones and DJI drones would advise anyone, they are not cheap. Perhaps the real question should be, are they expensive?
IMG_3357-696x391.jpg

Are DJI Drones Expensive?
If you take a look at the price of DJI products, the argument can be made that they look expensive.

As an example, the Phantom 4 Pro with the RC screen costs $1800 and Inspire 2 with an X5S camera costs almost $6000. Not cheap, right?! But now consider that these products have a 3D TOF sensor, Obstacle Avoidance super-bright screen and a 1 inch camera with mechanical shutter. Simply put, there is no other drone on a market with these kind of specs. The same holds true with the DJI Inspire 2 (X5S). What other drone has a micro 4/3 camera with interchangeable lenses and a 5.2K RAW video capabilities?

I appreciate quality and detest cheap sh!t.
I don't mind paying for quality as long as I get what I am paying for. I have invested plenty in DJI products as well as 3 Olympus Lenses, Panasonic (GH4 and several Lumix lenses), Manfrotto Tripod etc.
I am completely satisfied with all of them and feel they deliver all they promise.

You get what you pay for.
Not more. (Sometimes less.)

Last edited:
I agree; what annoys me is that I have spent a lot on good kit yet I now can't take my £2000 camera from and I1 and just fit it to a new I2 aircraft. I get technology advancement but there should be a way.

I agree; what annoys me is that I have spent a lot on good kit yet I now can't take my £2000 camera from and I1 and just fit it to a new I2 aircraft. I get technology advancement but there should be a way.
DJI should come up with a adapter of something like that. There are some great cameras for old inspire such as: Z3, XT and X5. I don't think DJI will leave it just like this

DJI should come up with a adapter of something like that. There are some great cameras for old inspire such as: Z3, XT and X5. I don't think DJI will leave it just like this
I would like to hope but with the X5S and a totally different method of processing I fear not :-( They have actually lost money as I would have upgraded my aircraft to the I2.

I would like to hope but with the X5S and a totally different method of processing I fear not :-( They have actually lost money as I would have upgraded my aircraft to the I2.
I don't think the X5R will be ever supported, but X5 may have an extetion of it's life on i2

Reactions: Cornscot
I agree with you 100% DJI treat us like crap, no loyalty or assistance to customers that have already sort a lot of money with the company, they don't care even the Osmo and different cameras not being interchange, they better hope no one catches up tech wise because they do nothing to ensure or encourage customer loyalty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa