Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drones by megapixels?

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any drones which are all in one like the phantom/inspire and have good 16+mp megapixel cameras?

X5 has 16mp.
Inspire 2 has 20mp (big expensive)
Phantom 4 Advanced/Pro has 20mp. (probbly the best price/performance ratio for photos)
X7 has 24mp (too over priced for me)

I know yuneec have similar spec drones upto 20mp.

I suppose there are custom solutions out there which fly SLR's but they tend to be a bit DIY and I have been really spoiled by my inspire with regards to the app and ease of use. I don't miss the days of custom drones to be honest, but if anyone knows a good combination I am all ears.

Is there anything coming out soon which I could add to the list?

I'm sure the mavic 2 will be 20+ mp, so I would probably wait for that, or bite the bullet on a phantom 4 advanced if I don't get any further advice here.

Thanks guys.

Out of interest, for stills why isn't the X5/R hitting the mark for you? The larger sensor and the ability to change lenses on it should help make up for any shortcomings when it comes to Mpix count. I've an original P4 and an I2, and out of the two, I virtually always prefer the I2 x5s stills images to those from the P4. I've also an Osmo with X5 on it and haven't found any particular problems with the stills images from it either - not a match for the DSLR gear I use, but it's perfectly useable.

If you're after a smaller, more discrete and quicker to deploy setup, I'd probably hang around for the delayed announcement from DJI,see what comes up in that & if nothing interesting arrives quickly, then go for the P4A/P v2.

Reactions: x5yo
Pixel count is not a good judge of ability to capture quality images. More pixels on the same sized sensor means generally means more noise. The important factors for good stills are, sensor size and raw capture. Then the ability, as with the X5, interchangeable lens’ and the ability to add a good quality glass polariser and lens hood. In my opinion you’d be hard pressed to improve on the X5 on a standard inspire 1 Pro. For video it gets more complicated because of technology limitations. If u need more pixels (only reason to make big prints) use a longer lens and merge the images using pano feature in post.

Last edited:
Pixel count is not a good judge of ability to capture quality images. More pixels on the same sized sensor means more noise. The important factors for good stills are, sensor size and raw capture. Then the ability, as with the X5, interchangeable lens’ and the ability to add a good quality glass polariser and lens hood. In my opinion you’d be hard pressed to improve on the X5 on a standard inspire 1. For video it gets more complicated because of technology limitations. If u need more pixels (only reason to make big prints) use a longer lens and merge the images using pano feature in post.

Yes exactly he must have read the specifications first try to compare it and consult to a pro aerial photographer.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44