Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drones not wanted in State Parks

Reaction score
Just back from a wonderful trip through the USA.
Came across this sign:
P1030361_zpsgdldgsne.jpg~original

Location?

I ask because I'm curious, who doesn't want to be viewed? military installation?

Doesnt stop you from taking off at the sign and flying over the park correct?

what's the reserved airspace above a national/state park?

Perhaps if we go above that...we wouldnt be able to read the sign from there. So maybe the sign doesnt exist.

Doesnt stop you from taking off at the sign and flying over the park correct?

I'm really not a fan of this theory at all...same with nat parks. It's a loophole, and we're obviously not supposed to be flying in them for specific reasons and there's no need to use our technology to create a way around it, it's a **** move. My 2 cents on that matter.

As for the OP, a location needs to be said here, as there are state parks in my state more specifically, Deception Pass, where there is a naval air base on site and is considered a no fly zone, while drones haven't populated the area enough to warrant posting signs, eventually they will.

This also shouldn't come as a surprise to you guys, these signs will pop up more and more as the technology progresses, nat parks, state parks, county parks, etc etc...as much as we want to continue using them, imagine the amount of people that don't really care for them, especially in US. The FAA is only one part of what's going to be an on going battle. Not necessarily specific to the Inspire but at some point the FCC will step in to control all the frequency use that most operators are using illegally (no license.) While the battle hasn't heated up just yet eventually it will be the Fish & Game wildlife.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Archer
and the terror goes on and on... why is only the military allowed to poisen our earth, use our environment and test their toys on ground that has been taken from the people given to them... why can one not fly over a desert or a nat park giving caution not to harm nature or interfiering with army base and NOT flying over the base... i don't get it... where is the comon sense???

skylab are you in WA state?

Deception Pass + Naval yard makes me think NAS on Whidbey. Not to creep on your location, I just miss home.

and the terror goes on and on... why is only the military allowed to poisen our earth, use our environment and test their toys on ground that has been taken from the people given to them... why can one not fly over a desert or a nat park giving caution not to harm nature or interfiering with army base and NOT flying over the base... i don't get it... where is the comon sense???

The fact you think the military poisons our earth is quite sad, humanity poisons this planet, you, me, everybody on these forums and beyond, open your eyes. This world isn't fair and isn't based on "if the military can do it, I should be able to also."

skylab are you in WA state?

Deception Pass + Naval yard makes me think NAS on Whidbey. Not to creep on your location, I just miss home.

You thought right mate, No creep at all, it's a beautiful area. I accidentally flew there back in February, I had no idea about the navel base, and was extremely lucky that they weren't conducting any flight tests that particular day, not that I was high enough to interfere with them but still. I knew about the other bases, mainly camp casey as I stayed there with my class in 5th grade.The fly zone isn't restricted yet on the DJI Pilot App, but it pops up on the Hover app, which was how I found out.

Reactions: Sky
The fact you think the military poisons our earth is quite sad, humanity poisons this planet, you, me, everybody on these forums and beyond, open your eyes. This world isn't fair and isn't based on "if the military can do it, I should be able to also."

You thought right mate, No creep at all, it's a beautiful area. I accidentally flew there back in February, I had no idea about the navel base, and was extremely lucky that they weren't conducting any flight tests that particular day, not that I was high enough to interfere with them but still. I knew about the other bases, mainly camp casey as I stayed there with my class in 5th grade.The fly zone isn't restricted yet on the DJI Pilot App, but it pops up on the Hover app, which was how I found out.
i was talking in general and indeed humanity is the worst trashmaker but neither me or you are going to atom bomb test in our backyard or?? and i didn't mean military only... sorry bad english. military and army are something i consider as a "bad must" since if the "big leaders" would not get bored and start war or terror there would no need to fight nor would be probably the multirotor invented but it is in humans nature to be agressive at times and thus having this behavior...
where i live there is a really beautiful forest area and i can't go in for a camp or hike with my son or family because it belongs to the military... the part where its open to the public hunters are on the teritory so walking my dog is a life thfead for him in worst case as the hunter may just shoot my for legs... so i have to take him on the leash IN the forest which is like blindfoldi g your kid in a toystore... the fact that military or gov is posessing most of the nicest places like parks is not bad apart from locking it out from the public in some cases.
so, to make my point on my post: i don't think the military only is poisoning our world amd also i am not on the opinion that if military can i should also be able to - nonsense because then i would have to know what they know in order to do so... since i don't i do not have the qualification of doing so... what i meant was that if there is a base, why do they have to lock X miles around - just to make sure... no one gets in their range... on the other side in some cases they are elig le to storm your house... (i am exaturating).
i have a lot of respect to people in the army around the world because they get special treatment and therefor able to do things we would not even dream of... but also i think they do a lot of things that is just no reasonable.
i hope i made myself more understandble.
i did not want to make a really stupid opinion on this. i am not native english and while sometimes translating from a language i speak better it comes out a bit wrong leading to misunderstandings. sorry about that.
hope this clears it up a bit and i did not write something even more stupid...
next time i just keep my mouth shut.

Location?

I ask because I'm curious, who doesn't want to be viewed? military installation?
This was at the entrance of the Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada.
As far as I could see, there were no military installations nearby. Nellis Airforce base in located about 80 miles west of the park so that could not be the problem I think.

i was talking in general and indeed humanity is the worst trashmaker but neither me or you are going to atom bomb test in our backyard or?? and i didn't mean military only... sorry bad english. military and army are something i consider as a "bad must" since if the "big leaders" would not get bored and start war or terror there would no need to fight nor would be probably the multirotor invented but it is in humans nature to be agressive at times and thus having this behavior...
where i live there is a really beautiful forest area and i can't go in for a camp or hike with my son or family because it belongs to the military... the part where its open to the public hunters are on the teritory so walking my dog is a life thfead for him in worst case as the hunter may just shoot my for legs... so i have to take him on the leash IN the forest which is like blindfoldi g your kid in a toystore... the fact that military or gov is posessing most of the nicest places like parks is not bad apart from locking it out from the public in some cases.
so, to make my point on my post: i don't think the military only is poisoning our world amd also i am not on the opinion that if military can i should also be able to - nonsense because then i would have to know what they know in order to do so... since i don't i do not have the qualification of doing so... what i meant was that if there is a base, why do they have to lock X miles around - just to make sure... no one gets in their range... on the other side in some cases they are elig le to storm your house... (i am exaturating).
i have a lot of respect to people in the army around the world because they get special treatment and therefor able to do things we would not even dream of... but also i think they do a lot of things that is just no reasonable.
i hope i made myself more understandble.
i did not want to make a really stupid opinion on this. i am not native english and while sometimes translating from a language i speak better it comes out a bit wrong leading to misunderstandings. sorry about that.
hope this clears it up a bit and i did not write something even more stupid...
next time i just keep my mouth shut.

You should never keep your mouth shut if you have an opinion to voice, doesn't matter if I agree with it or not. In fact, the big big reason I found haven in these forums is because I felt like I could voice my opinion here (which isn't always "socially acceptable") and not be outcasted because of it, unlike most of, if not all the inspire groups on facebook are filled with morons and can't take an outside perspective (no offense if anyone here is a member on those groups.) So please always voice your opinion here :)

I agree with this a lot more than your other statement though.

Reactions: John Archer and Sky
I drove through the Valley of Fire a couple years ago, beautiful place, what damage can a drone do out there? It's not logical captain.

This was at the entrance of the Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada.
As far as I could see, there were no military installations nearby. Nellis Airforce base in located about 80 miles west of the park so that could not be the problem I think.
**** it. I knew it was Valley of Fire. Whelp I'll scratch that off my bucket list.

i don't live in the states. maybe a dumb question but is area 51 known where it is exactly today? google maps??

i don't live in the states. maybe a dumb question but is area 51 known where it is exactly today? google maps??
It does not exist except that you can actually look into it from some high spots outside of installation. Google Groom Lake for a map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop