Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Embarrassing Quick Release Props, am I stupid..probably

Reaction score
I've been flying about a year now, p2, then p3 ( trying to justify my stupidity) Got the Inspire one for bigger job. Got everything up to date, watched video on putting the quick release props on..easy
Props on did an auto take off, and one one the props flew off. Okay what did I do wrong. Ck'd the props again, same thing happened, fortunately no damage, except to my ego.
Took the quad back to the garage, reread the prop instructions. Noticed the white dot prop if not careful when I checked to see if it was tight might be susceptible too loosening.
Anyway checked the props for tightness, gradually lifted off in garage, all seemed well so went to the field. Cross my fingers and all went well. But I'm going to be very cautious with the props before I take off again. I was worried about one coming off in flight, but that did not happen..thank God.
Anyone have a good pre-flight check for props?

I've been flying about a year now, p2, then p3 ( trying to justify my stupidity) Got the Inspire one for bigger job. Got everything up to date, watched video on putting the quick release props on..easy
Props on did an auto take off, and one one the props flew off. Okay what did I do wrong. Ck'd the props again, same thing happened, fortunately no damage, except to my ego.
Took the quad back to the garage, reread the prop instructions. Noticed the white dot prop if not careful when I checked to see if it was tight might be susceptible too loosening.
Anyway checked the props for tightness, gradually lifted off in garage, all seemed well so went to the field. Cross my fingers and all went well. But I'm going to be very cautious with the props before I take off again. I was worried about one coming off in flight, but that did not happen..thank God.
Anyone have a good pre-flight check for props?

I totally agree with "the editor".
I used the QR for quite a while then noticed one by one that I could slightly move them up and down.
Changed back to the original screw on type and haven't had a problem since. They might take a bit longer to put on and off but I feel a lot more relaxed using them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD