Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Error camera sensor

Reaction score
Hi,

today I wanted to take off my I2 w/ Zenmuse X7, but 'Error camera sensor' and 'Error encoder aircraft (0x400000')' were displayed.
After a couple of restarts and mouting gimbal on and off several times this error still persists and I am going to contact DJI Support tomorrow.

Additionally I was not able to format neither SSD nor SD-card.

Has anyone of you already also encountered an error like this :-(

The gimbal (with the sensor) was bought and activated just 4 weeks ago, so it is actually brand new...

Thanks in advance for your appreciated advice and help.

Regards
Sebastian from Bavaria

Attachments

• i2.png
    i2.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 13
  • i2_1.png
    i2_1.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 11
Hi,

today I wanted to take off my I2 w/ Zenmuse X7, but 'Error camera sensor' and 'Error encoder aircraft (0x400000')' were displayed.
After a couple of restarts and mouting gimbal on and off several times this error still persists and I am going to contact DJI Support tomorrow.

Additionally I was not able to format neither SSD nor SD-card.

Has anyone of you already also encountered an error like this :-(

The gimbal (with the sensor) was bought and activated just 4 weeks ago, so it is actually brand new...

Thanks in advance for your appreciated advice and help.

Regards
Sebastian from Bavaria
Search ......

I had an Inspire 2 with this issue. It would happen most of the time on startup. If we just let it set there the camera (an X4s) would finally come around and the error message would clear. Nothing we tried would fix this. The problem is in the aircraft, not the lens or gimbal.
I know this because we replaced that aircraft, used the same X4s camera, and never again saw that message again.

Reactions: AgentOrange
I had an Inspire 2 with this issue. It would happen most of the time on startup. If we just let it set there the camera (an X4s) would finally come around and the error message would clear. Nothing we tried would fix this. The problem is in the aircraft, not the lens or gimbal.
I know this because we replaced that aircraft, used the same X4s camera, and never again saw that message again.
This is what I am already afraid of... Thanks for your reply as it helps me to see the whole case a little clearer and know what to do next.

This is what I am already afraid of... Thanks for your reply as it helps me to see the whole case a little clearer and know what to do next.

I have had the X7 give me issues because of the lens attachment system. I dont recall the specific error message, to be honest.Try this: Lock the lens in fully by turning clockwise, then once you hear it latch, twist it back left against the latch and set it in place. I use this method most of the time now, because I havent seen the issue again since.

-KG

I have had the X7 give me issues because of the lens attachment system. I dont recall the specific error message, to be honest.Try this: Lock the lens in fully by turning clockwise, then once you hear it latch, twist it back left against the latch and set it in place. I use this method most of the time now, because I havent seen the issue again since.

-KG
I heard that before and I'll try it again, but to be honest, I don't think this is the cause. If the lens is not attached properly there is no error prompting. There just would be no image from the X7, but only from the fpv cam.

I heard that before and I'll try it again, but to be honest, I don't think this is the cause. If the lens is not attached properly there is no error prompting. There just would be no image from the X7, but only from the fpv cam.

Understood. Do you possibly have another camera available, or a friend with an I2 that you can experiment with and see where the fault is? Just trying to exhaust all options before you send it back to the Mother Ship.

Understood. Do you possibly have another camera available, or a friend with an I2 that you can experiment with and see where the fault is? Just trying to exhaust all options before you send it back to the Mother Ship.
...unfortunately not :-(
The errors are still persistent and I am sending it back to the dealer, both copter and gimbal.
What I am afraid most of: that they make me pay the repair or use Care Refresh although the whole stuff is not older than 4 weeks.

...unfortunately not :-(
The errors are still persistent and I am sending it back to the dealer, both copter and gimbal.
What I am afraid most of: that they make me pay the repair or use Care Refresh although the whole stuff is not older than 4 weeks.
While I do have a heavy disdain for DJI Customer Service and repair, theyre usually pretty fair. All I can say is document as much as you can about your AC and gimbal camera, pull your flight logs, take as many photos as possible. This will help if they allege something that youve not committed. Good luck, hope you get in the air soon.

-KG

While I do have a heavy disdain for DJI Customer Service and repair, theyre usually pretty fair. All I can say is document as much as you can about your AC and gimbal camera, pull your flight logs, take as many photos as possible. This will help if they allege something that youve not committed. Good luck, hope you get in the air soon.

-KG
Thank you :)
I did so and sent it back to the dealer. I will report here on my experiences...

Hi, I just wanted to update those of you who may be interested in my case ;)
One week ago I received my homecoming drone. After a 4-week-period at the dealer and DJI :mad:
Without any comment, but at least also without charging a fee (warranty). Obviously they replaced a couple of parts e.g. the gimbal mount and maybe something inside the drone, but during the next photo flight with the Laowa 9 mm and switching from photo to movie mode the camera just switched off, I therefore immediately had to land and check the drone: Again "camera sensor error".
Switched it off an on twice and tadaa: then it worked again. Somehow. Overexposure warning was not working and I could not switch from automatic to manual mode :rolleyes:
Returning back to home and checking it again everything worked as usually.

The drone is just so unreliable...

Hi, I just wanted to update those of you who may be interested in my case ;)
One week ago I received my homecoming drone. After a 4-week-period at the dealer and DJI :mad:
Without any comment, but at least also without charging a fee (warranty). Obviously they replaced a couple of parts e.g. the gimbal mount and maybe something inside the drone, but during the next photo flight with the Laowa 9 mm and switching from photo to movie mode the camera just switched off, I therefore immediately had to land and check the drone: Again "camera sensor error".
Switched it off an on twice and tadaa: then it worked again. Somehow. Overexposure warning was not working and I could not switch from automatic to manual mode :rolleyes:
Returning back to home and checking it again everything worked as usually.

The drone is just so unreliable...

I hear you with the random quirks of most DJI products. Its frustrating at times, but there is (usually) a work around.

Does this issue occur mostly with the Laowa or all DJI lenses as well? Ive wanted to use the Laowa 9 but Ive heard lots of users reporting tons of issues. Just curious, thanks.

I hear you with the random quirks of most DJI products. Its frustrating at times, but there is (usually) a work around.
The reported are completey new to me. I've been using DJI products (P3, P4, P4P, Mavic, Mavci 2 Pro) since 2016, but I've never had severe issues like these.
So I still have to find out those work arounds.

Does the kind of a glossary with most of those issues and the refering work arounds alreday exist? I could already contribute ?

Does this issue occur mostly with the Laowa or all DJI lenses as well? Ive wanted to use the Laowa 9 but Ive heard lots of users reporting tons of issues. Just curious, thanks.
Yes, as far as my experience goes. Also I am not sure whether the overexposure warning or any of the software features work with the Laowa at all.
Waht I do know is thqt the Laowa needs ND filters. Better don't fly it without. The first results with that objective are really impressive, but the horizon around the sun is just burnt as I could not switch on overexposure warning (maybe too stupid).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop