Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Everybody wants (screaming) for firmware update........

I'm really glad Editor started this post.... I have had my Inspire for 2 weeks now... I am not new to RC or quads...
But the first time the GPS went haywire and said switch to ATTI, I freaked out.... I was unprepared for the error...
Had there been a warning on the manual about the KNOWN ISSUE, I could have mentally prepared for it, and it would have been no big deal....
It pretty much happens every flight, so now it's just part of the "flying experience"...... But Editor nailed it when he said you can never "relax" while flying.....
Before I get attacked for relaxing while flying, it's very possible to be alert, but also have enough confidence in the platform to take your fingers off the sticks, and compose a great photograph relax and enjoy the technology.... At this time, it's just not there.....

Reactions: sdjackaerial
I'm really glad Editor started this post.... I have had my Inspire for 2 weeks now... I am not new to RC or quads...
But the first time the GPS went haywire and said switch to ATTI, I freaked out.... I was unprepared for the error...
Had there been a warning on the manual about the KNOWN ISSUE, I could have mentally prepared for it, and it would have been no big deal....
It pretty much happens every flight, so now it's just part of the "flying experience"...... But Editor nailed it when he said you can never "relax" while flying.....
Before I get attacked for relaxing while flying, it's very possible to be alert, but also have enough confidence in the platform to take your fingers off the sticks, and compose a great photograph relax and enjoy the technology.... At this time, it's just not there.....

Agreed this is why dji is working very hard to correct this.

It just hasn't happened fast enough for some...

Last edited:
Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Your post is pretty much an oxymoron

I wont answer since you don't like the answers already given.

Edit
I will add this, Maybe we shouldn't even had said one word about it? Maybe we have already said too much? Next time we will just stay quiet so we don't get attacked for things out of our control.
The unenviable position of the middleman.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
.17 update was only on the lightbridge side of things.
Blade or Tahoe, not sure if you remember I had a question about a lot of dropout and or lag on my slave controller monitor. I have upgraded to .17 and I also swapped the controllers as suggested previously. I have done a couple of flights since but on my own, I am getting a lot of delay on my monitor so I am struggling to frame my shots effectively. There is less dropout since the update though.
I am running on an iPad Mini 64Gb.

Have you got any additional suggestions?

Blade or Tahoe, not sure if you remember I had a question about a lot of dropout and or lag on my slave controller monitor. I have upgraded to .17 and I also swapped the controllers as suggested previously. I have done a couple of flights since but on my own, I am getting a lot of delay on my monitor so I am struggling to frame my shots effectively. There is less dropout since the update though.

How is the channel monitor look? Are you in Auto?

An iPad mini is not powerful enough, you want to use an iPad mini 2 at a minimum. Assuming you meant an iPad mini 2 or better, my latency dropped to nearly zero once I began using a substantially shorter cable connecting the iPad mini 2 to the controller. If I use the apple supplied cable, my latency increases substantially

Parallel and at a 45 degree angle, i can take a pic in the morning when i get to the office.
Are you having the same latency when the inspire is on the ground and your just a few feet away from it? Did you try hardware decode mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar