Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

External battery connector

Reaction score
I would like to use my Anker Mobile Power battery pack with the Osmo external power cable. This battery pack can output up to 19 Volts so should work well with the Osmo and will save discharge cycles on my Inspire batteries, as well as be a lot easier to pack and carry. The battery comes with a short cable and interchangeable tips for different laptops and devices. It comes with a tip that will fit, but it doesn't power up either due to polarity or because the tip isn't quite the same as the DJI tip.

Rather than cut up the battery adapter or the Osmo power cable, I'd like to either find the correct adapter or build one using something like this DJI Phantom 4 battery 2PIN-A to DC power cable spare parts for DJI Phantom 4 | eBay. But it says it's for the phantom 4, not the inspire. Will it work?

Another option is if someone has an old dead Inspire or Phantom battery they'd be willing to sell me so I can sacrifice the connector. Still not ideal because now I'd have 3 adapter cables, but better than destroying factory built cables and connectors.

just a quick followup: The connector on the Osmo power cable is the same type/shape as a Dell laptop power supply. It has 1 pin and two sleeves. On DJI's connector the power is on the center pin and the outside sleeve, and no connection to the inside sleeve. On my Anker adapter the power is on the outside and inside sleeves, and no connection on the pin. Dell uses the pin connector for checking to make sure the power supply is genuine. I'm pretty sure I have an old broken Dell power supply at work so I might be able to use the cable from it. I'll post instructions if/when I do if there's any interest.

just a quick followup: The connector on the Osmo power cable is the same type/shape as a Dell laptop power supply. It has 1 pin and two sleeves. On DJI's connector the power is on the center pin and the outside sleeve, and no connection to the inside sleeve. On my Anker adapter the power is on the outside and inside sleeves, and no connection on the pin. Dell uses the pin connector for checking to make sure the power supply is genuine. I'm pretty sure I have an old broken Dell power supply at work so I might be able to use the cable from it. I'll post instructions if/when I do if there's any interest.

Hi Readykilowatt,

Did you manage to make it work?

I made an adapter to Sony BPU batteries (14.4V) but it doesn't work. The OSMO powers up, does it's initialisation and then switches off with the standby led in red. If I use a battery instead of the battery extender the OSMO works normally.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Ron.

I did find the old power supply and that's about as far as I got. I haven't seen the problem you describe, but I've only used Inspire TB47/48 batteries. Might be a current draw thing, but hard to say.

Hi ReadyKilowatt,

I looked a little bit further and it's a problem with a firmware upgrade of the OSMO.

I'll have to do that first and then we will see if it works.

Regards,

Ron.

Attachments

• battery holder OSMO.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 12
Hi ReadyKilowatt,

I looked a little bit further and it's a problem with a firmware upgrade of the OSMO.

I'll have to do that first and then we will see if it works.

Regards,

Ron.

Did you get it working? Mine is doing the same thing even with the "normal" DJI battery cable.

Hi ReadyKilowatt,

Yes I got it working. After the firmware upgrade it worked. Mine also didn't work with the original DJI power supply connected to the battery adapter. After the firmware upgrade everything worked fine.

I hope it will work for you.

Regards,

Ron.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris.thedude