Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FAA Registration

Well, I couldn't wait for the big day to register my aircraft on December 21, 2015.

It is December 21, 2015, is it not?

Evidently, the FAA will go on line "sometime" today with this process. Our govenrment at its best. "Just need a cup of coffee and then I'll get to this..."

Well, I couldn't wait for the big day to register my aircraft on December 21, 2015.

It is December 21, 2015, is it not?

Evidently, the FAA will go on line "sometime" today with this process. Our govenrment at its best. "Just need a cup of coffee and then I'll get to this..."

Be aware your name and address will be publicly available.

Yes, that is great. Especially for all the children. What a bunch of crap. Merry Christmas!

The following are the contents of the Certificate issued once you complete the registration process:

For U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and certain non-citizen U.S. corporations, this document constitutes a Certificate of Registration. For all others, this document represents a recognition of ownership.
For all holders, for all operations other than as a model aircraft under sec. 336 of Pub. L. 112-95, additional safety authority from FAA and economic authority from DOT may be required.
Safety guidelines for flying your unmanned aircraft:
  • Fly below 400 feet
  • Never fly near other aircraft
  • Keep your UAS within visual line of sight
  • Keep away from emergency responders
  • Never fly over stadiums, sports events or groups of people
  • Never fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • Never fly within 5 miles of an airport without first contacting air traffic control and airport authorities.
Interesting they state "never fly over stadiums" which isn't a regulation nor a recommendation the FAA has ever stated before.

Last edited:
The following are the contents of the Certificate issued once you complete the registration process:

Interesting they state "never fly over stadiums" which isn't a regulation nor a recommendation the FAA has ever stated before.

I've been working at my real job...is there a link now to register?

Thanks

What is the procedure for an overseas tourist visiting the states with a drone. Would he need to apply for a temporary registration number.

What is the procedure for an overseas tourist visiting the states with a drone. Would he need to apply for a temporary registration number.

This is what I can find Alf.

Q24. Is there a citizenship requirement?

A. Only United States citizens can register their small UAS. The certificate serves as a certificate of ownership for non-citizens, not a registration certificate.

Q59. I am a citizen of a foreign country who lives in the United States. How do I know if I can register a drone with the FAA?

A. Federal law allows an individual citizen of another country who has been lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States under the regulations of the Department of Homeland Security to register an aircraft, including a drone, with the FAA.

I did my best to deliver the most important information regarding this issue. The media really has a way of delivering what they want to. I had a lot more to say that wasn't included in this interview. Now I know why Fox News is a bunch of ********.
Drone registration starts Monday

Yikes so everything will be public basically, including my registration number...I can't wait to get contacted by police when someone applies my number to their drone and does something stupid. I still can't believe how much time and money has been wasted on this program. I'm always amazed how uneducated our populace is.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
I had wrote a response to this but realized I was wrong.. but your only defense against a stolen registration number would be that the serial number would not match up to the offending drone.

I had wrote a response to this but realized I was wrong.. but your only defense against a stolen registration number would be that the serial number would not match up to the offending drone.

I don't think they are asking for drone info are they?

It's basically registering hobby drone owners not drones.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I don't think they are asking for drone info are they?

It's basically registering hobby drone owners not drones.
The registration number will be posted on the website, and the FAA will have your serial number to identify your UAS, and yes, your serial number, type aircraft,name, address and email will be posted.
Post edit: email is not posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian