Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FAA required night vision training

Reaction score
Website
www.martinezaerial.com
In reading the approved FAA waivers, the below requirement pops out:

"Prior to conducting waivered operations, the Responsible Person listed on the Waiver must ensure the remote PIC and VO are trained to recognize and overcome visual illusions caused by darkness, and understand physiological conditions which may degrade night vision. This training must be documented and must be presented for inspection upon request from the Administrator or an authorized representative;"

Am waiting for a night flight waiver; anyone here found a good source of information/material for this training?
Please no smart *** replies, serious discussion only.

Most military pilots have this as it is a part of our NVG training, provided you fly a tactical aircraft. We also do an annual "NVG Refresher". In fact I teach the course, so I'm guessing I can put together a course now for UAS pilots. As a civilian CFI, and a military IP I suspect I meet the requirements. to conduct the training. Just like most civilian pilot endorsements, one should just be able to sign an endorsement page in ones log book.

I wouldn't be surprised if the drone schools decided to created a course for $300 to gouge pilots...

Most military pilots have this as it is a part of our NVG training, provided you fly a tactical aircraft. We also do an annual "NVG Refresher". In fact I teach the course, so I'm guessing I can put together a course now for UAS pilots. As a civilian CFI, and a military IP I suspect I meet the requirements. to conduct the training. Just like most civilian pilot endorsements, one should just be able to sign an endorsement page in ones log book.

I wouldn't be surprised if the drone schools decided to created a course for $300 to gouge pilots...
Well, the feds don't say anything about an additional endorsement requiring a CFI...YET. An online course may fulfill their wishes. You are right; a drone school will come up with a course once they figure out there's a need....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue