Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Falcon Prop T- Motor Type Rotation Identification Help

HRO

Reaction score
I came across 3 sets of Falcon CPBB13044 13 X4.4 carbon fiber props( without top plates or screws ) that have no rotation identification on them. I plan on using them with motor hub adapters on my DJI Inspire 1 aircraft. l marked them what with I think is the correct orientation. Am I correct in assuming this ?
I have attached a few photos.

Attachments

• Falcon carbon Fiber Props 004.JPG
    Falcon carbon Fiber Props 004.JPG
    839.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Falcon carbon Fiber Props 001.JPG
    Falcon carbon Fiber Props 001.JPG
    816.7 KB · Views: 17
I think you have them backwards (at least in the first pic). The flatter thicker edge is the leading edge of the airfoil and the air should pass over that area first. The more curved and thin edged side is the trailing edge.

edit: definitely backwards, the stickers are oriented to indicate this.

The photos show the underside of the prop, not the top part.
Does this make any difference ??

The photos show the underside of the prop, not the top part.
Does this make any difference ??
You can use the prop in either orientation as long as you change the rotation depending on whether the prop is right side up or upside down (a lot of "pusher prop" uas work this way)

Let's just reference one side, the labelled side. The top of the label (when the label is oriented right side up) is the leading edge. The leading edge should travel into the wind, i.e. the prop should rotate in the direction of the top of the label. The arrows are pointing in the correct direction of rotation. The black lines on the top are the trailing edge and the edge should be tapered into a thinner edge whereas the opposite edge is more "blunt"

Last edited:
OK,
I re-oriented the props now they are right side up. Moved stickers.
Sent photo

Attachments

• Revised Falcon Props 005.JPG
    Revised Falcon Props 005.JPG
    899.1 KB · Views: 8
OK,
I re-oriented the props now they are right side up. Moved stickers.
Sent photo
Yes, that is the correct orientation. I recommend you test the airflow direction just for verification purposes before flight.

Your second photo/orientation is correct. Your first ones will drill you into the ground! :D

if you have original props just compare them side to side and follow the orientation provided on original props.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime