Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fatally damaged Inspire after unexplained fly away

It looks like you did everything you could. As for flying next to others, my mate has a P2 with Fatshark patch antennas, when we were standing next to each other his "signal"? completely over rode mine and my stick controls wouldn't work, put it in ATTI and move 5mtrs away and all was well.

Best of luck.

Painful to watch as I can see on the stick movements that you were fighting the aircraft. It seems that the erratic behavior started when you were in GPS mode so I suspect that the GPS was fighting the compass and the flight controller somehow locked up and didn't accept any inputs once it started its erratic behavior. I could see the stick inputs of 100% which didn't do anything. Switching to atti mode didn't help either and neither did RTH. Definitely something for DJI to look at. Make sure they get this video. One of the reasons that I never fly in GPS mode (only for lining up shots and even then I am wary of doing so). I hope for you that DJI will analyze and help you out.

Update:
Sent DJI the flight logs - DJI almost straight away (within a couple of days) stated it was an RMA issue under warranty. They never said at that point what the issue was that caused the flyaway.
Item sent to Germany for 'repair'.
Six weeks later they send it back - actually - when I say they sent it back, it took them 6 weeks to put a replacement back into my case and send that back.
And, I still have no idea what so ever as to why it flew away.
At least I'm airborne once again - updated to firmware 1.4 with no issues.
I would have thought they might have offered some sort of apology for their faulty aircraft or better still, throw in a battery as a matter of 'compensation' but no.
At least I'm airborne again!

But if they've sent you a brand new bird with no quibble, then that feels like a good outcome all round. Glad it's sorted.

It looks like you did everything you could. As for flying next to others, my mate has a P2 with Fatshark patch antennas, when we were standing next to each other his "signal"? completely over rode mine and my stick controls wouldn't work, put it in ATTI and move 5mtrs away and all was well.

Best of luck.
thats very odd, ive been to some drone meetings where there have been 10-15 phantoms and inspires flying all at the same time without issue. This was before they limited the number of channels from 32 down to 8, so today i would only expect you could have 8 going at a time before you started having problems. Either way I dont see how it would affect gps mode and not atti mode though,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko