Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fed up

Reaction score
There was a poster here who went by "insider" and claimed to have info from people within dji and i believe this was the only person we were getting a semblance of truth from. This person long before the first shipments were being shipped out talked about hearing of issues with everything we are now in the mist of. From the wobbly h frame to the unit just loosing it , gimbal issues , software issues etc. Of course the person was ran off by the dji fanboys but looking through the threads after my unit went down i think he or she was onto something.

Now we all know whats going on with all the problems and all we get is paid , YES PAID, forum yes men who's job is to spin dji in the very best positive light feeding every forum with how great their unit is. Of course they are going to say that... it is their job after all. Then to add a cherry on top of everything we were sold a unit with the premise that ios was fully supported and now look where we are at. All i hear is "off to best buy to get me an android." WTF?! If i sold anything with the premise it was functional with another product and it wasn't i would have my *** in court not the buyer asking "well what does this thing you sold me work with so i can run off to buy that one instead of the one i was under the impression it worked for from the get go."

Then we have the prop issue where we are advised not to fly and if you do fly and something happens guess who is fully 1000% responsible? I will tell you who will not be and that is dji. From top to bottom this whole thing is a disaster. I also dont want to keep hearing about firmware updates will somehow turn this into a miraculous flying machine Hell for all we know the next update could cause a flyaway problem. the following a battery issue, and the list goes on and on.

I'm no 'fan boy' If I remember right insider could not substaciate what he was sharing and at the very least was sharing 2nd hand info. By its very nature it was rumour no matter if they turned out to have elements of truth. I only listen in here as a prospective buyer but our 2 residents representing DJI have been more than transparent in sharing what they are allowed to share and also feed info from posters back to DJI. If I had a choice I'd prefer the Ed and Blade route any day.

Agree with 1st post, whole thing is ridiculous and oh No I've spent 350 on an iPad and it won't work, let get an android tablet doesn't sit right with me.

Reactions: mountainpilot
I'm going to give it 2 weeks and then if the iOS app isn't out I'll be returning mine. I was about to buy an Android tablet but then thought "why should I?".

Reactions: mountainpilot
I'm no 'fan boy' If I remember right insider could not substaciate what he was sharing and at the very least was sharing 2nd hand info. By its very nature it was rumour no matter if they turned out to have elements of truth. I only listen in here as a prospective buyer but our 2 residents representing DJI have been more than transparent in sharing what they are allowed to share and also feed info from posters back to DJI. If I had a choice I'd prefer the Ed and Blade route any day.

sponsored info is still sponsored info. i should have listened to the "insider" at least he or she were of the mindset of sit back and wait a few months then read the info out there and make a educated decision. now what i have is my unit off in limbo with not so much as a email to let me know whats going on.

I'm going to give it 2 weeks and then if the iOS app isn't out I'll be returning mine. I was about to buy an Android tablet but then thought "why should I?".

you shouldnt .. you purchased under the impression it worked with something you had or wanted to use.

Well in the good old UK this would be 'Sale under misrepresentation' and defensible in a court of law under the Sales of Goods act 1979 (as amended)
It was sold under the banner of being compatible with iOS but of course DJI misrepresented this fact in that it was running on non licensed/approved software. Of course it will be the poor old dealer that gets lumbered with the returns in the UK and then they will have to fight it out with DJI.
We were told a few days ago that all this would be sorted out.... everybody Apple equipped of course is still waiting.

It is no doubt in the hands of the lawyers now and given the clout of Apple's lawyers versus DJI's I know where my money would be! I do not expect a resolution to this anytime soon.

I desperately wanted to like the Inspire and I want(ed) to purchase one but the platform just isn't ready for market...... but there again, nor was the H3-2D... or the H3-3D gimbals (both still having problems). Other DJI products have had catastrophic issues from launch (the Wookong flip of death to name but one).

We know that at least one major player (GoPro) is entering the arena with a serious product, it is only going to take one or two more and people will desert DJI in their droves. I guess Frank Wang wont care by then since he probably will have cashed in before that point.

Be aware that this forum sanitizes post if they simply state facts about the poor reputation of DJI. Anybody try the new 7 x 24 Inspire support - LA is closed on weekends and the support comes from China and all they do is tell you to contact the LA office M-F 8-5 PST.

Has DJI ever done what they said they would do within the timeframe that they state?

I to am very upset about all these issues with the inspire1. especially iOS not being compatible at the moment. I think DJI should issue and android tablet to everyone that owns the inspire 1 for the simple fact that our IOS devices does not work with the inspire 1 at the moment

Hey QuadPilot, you reading all of this?? Oh I forgot, YOUR Inspire1 is perfect...Oh No, here it comes again...I'm trolling...Actually what I'm doing is collecting all of this 'negative' feedback on the looming disaster that is the DJI Inspire1. Get ready for a Class Action lawsuit DJI!

Be aware that this forum sanitizes post if they simply state facts about the poor reputation of DJI. Anybody try the new 7 x 24 Inspire support - LA is closed on weekends and the support comes from China and all they do is tell you to contact the LA office M-F 8-5 PST.

Has DJI ever done what they said they would do within the timeframe that they state?

Huh? I've never done anything like that. I deleted a thread on here where a new user posted a bunch of rumors from a competitor who said he had knowledge of problems with the Inspire. Since no one had an Inspire yet, it was just inciting problems and trolling. It made our forum look like a big troll session, so that's why I deleted. I'll never delete anything that someone posts with first hand knowledge of an issue. That thread turned into an attack session between two members going back and forth - there really wasn't a way to kill those posts without killing the whole thread unfortunately...

Re: 24/7 support - I emailed them Saturday night at 10pm and DJI China answered my question via email in 5 minutes...they did not direct me to anyone else in LA...

Having said that, I'm less than impressed with the Inspire rollout. I haven't flown mine yet, and with my app crashing on my iPad Air 2, the IMU bug, and the prop lock issue, I'm not ready to put my hard earned 3K up in the air until all these issues are solved. Straight up? I think the Inspire is the coolest drone around - but I feel like it's still in beta at the moment. A few months? It's going to be great.

DJI.com has purchased advertising on this forum but I don't get anything free from them. I have two Phantoms and an Inspire that I've paid full retail price for, they've never offered me a discount and they've NEVER asked me to delete or modify ANYTHING on this site.

Last edited:
Huh? I've never done anything like that. I deleted a thread on here where a new user posted a bunch of rumors from a competitor who said he had knowledge of problems with the Inspire. Since no one had an Inspire yet, it was just inciting problems and trolling. It made our forum look like a big troll session, so that's why I deleted. I'll never delete anything that someone posts with first hand knowledge of an issue. That thread turned into an attack session between two members going back and forth - there really wasn't a way to kill those posts without killing the whole thread unfortunately...

Re: 24/7 support - I emailed them Saturday night at 10pm and DJI China answered my question via email in 5 minutes...they did not direct me to anyone else in LA...

Having said that, I'm less than impressed with the Inspire rollout. I haven't flown mine yet, and with my app crashing on my iPad Air 2, the IMU bug, and the prop lock issue, I'm not ready to put my hard earned 3K up in the air until all these issues are solved. Straight up? I think the Inspire is the coolest drone around - but I feel like it's still in beta at the moment. A few months? It's going to be great.

DJI.com has purchased advertising on this forum but I don't get anything free from them. I have two Phantoms and an Inspire that I've paid full retail price for, they've never offered me a discount and they've NEVER asked me to delete or modify ANYTHING on this site.

Adam:

If you were half as concerned about members treating fellow members with courtesy and respect here as you are with "trolling" (whatever the Hell that is), this wouldn't be so HOSTILE a site discouraging me and others from posting. I'm done posting here and will just keep my mouth shut and read and learn. Too many obnoxious, juvenile members here who delight in cyber bullying other members. And you're the Big Kahuna that allows it.

Furthermore, while we're on the subject of what you should or should not be doing; why are you permitting quad videos and quad flight discussions of illegal activities? If I posted here plans to murder somebody utilizing an explosive mounted to a quad, I think you might have the good sense to delete it. However, members discussing illegal flights exceeding FAA limits or, worse yet, videos depicting same are permitted here. No difference than my planning a quad murder and posting here. Now I'm not talking about intelligent discussions of what a revised ceiling limit should be or wha FAA regs should be, I'm talking about encouraging illegal quad activity by allowing posts and videos related to same. Check out the Los Angeles fly over recently posted. The pilot should be behind bars.

Lastly, since it was my post you froze; competitors' comments ARE valid and used in a court of law to discredit fellow competitors on the witness stand because such comments have "probative value." However, YOU have unilaterally decreed it "trolling" and your decisions are final not because you're infallible, but because you're final. If you reread that frozen thread, you'll see everything criticized turned out to be valid and accurate criticisms.

As my last post: DJI is a pathetic, consumer unfriendly company that needs to be sued in a class action suit; misrepresentations, possible outright fraud (depending what is discovered), detrimental reliance by consumers, breach of contract... It is abundantly clear to me that they are back peddling here and not proceeding in "good faith"---as Federal Courts in the United States define that term; not gluttonous orientals in China. Short of litigation, I would encourage owners to file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and appropriate consumer protection agencies. I would have been only too happy to provide free quad related legal advice to your members here, but one of your members quickly put an end to that idea. I'll be damned if I'm going to take **** from juvenile members in exchange for free legal services. At $300-400/hour, you all will be able to procure all the relevant legal advice you need.

I wish this site nothing but the best, but most of all I wish you enlightenment and a realization of a sense of respect for your fellow members. And, Adam, doing what you do here is not an easy job and I don't envy you, but consider the number of members who are being silenced by the bullies. You have no way of knowing what is lost because we are now silent. I, for one, don't need the B.S.

Have a good life.

Eddie

Last edited:
Adam,

You are a great guy and forum owner. You have never been more than fair. Class Action? Not even going there. Bullies, only real users not trolls. Look at the thread of satisfied Inspire users. Many can criticize especially if they do not own one. Yes there have been issues. This is a ground breaking craft and as much as we beta tested it, 200 units does not compare to the number of units that have currently shipped. Also we are now dealing with mass production verses the limited, almost hand built production that we saw in the beta models we tested. I am not making excuses. We should be doing better and DJI is working on improvements. I appreciate the owners that are enjoying a great Inspire experience. I apologize to those that are having issues. Please contact DJI.com and we will help you.

Eddie - you should google for nanny copter. they come swaddled in a diaper and there is not much chance of them causing any harm. you dont seem ready for an inspire.

us postively inclined users would appreciate it if you'd lay off adam who is providing a wonderful service

"obnoxious, juvenile users" pot/kettle much?

i dont feel you have any basis for your racist "gluttonous oriental" insult either. they made a mistake with the apple app, and they need to retract it while they work out their differences with apple. most people have found that un-official links and are flying anyway - waiting and hoping that the DJI/Apple squabble isnt a protracted one.

and lay off the "free lawyer talk". you might have allready given a bad impression of lawyers. dont make it worse.

Eddie is 1000% correct. That's why you Adam and that putz Quadpilot branded me a troll because you could not stand the criticism I had toward DJI and their awful CS issues and enlightenimg the members here about the problems with this dreadful Inspire. The issues remain and are being compounded daily. Read the blogs here and on the DJI site. The issues remain. Brand me a troll I don't care. I speak the truth!

Eddie and Airworlf, thanks for the comments. The Inspire 1 is what it is at the end of the day. Many people are having problems, some are not, if you are send it back or sell it, someone will buy it...I know I had a hard time getting one. Or wait it out and let the product mature. I just don't get the "DJI is terrible blah blah" posts - just post your issue (if you actually have an Inspire) and work it out, or send your Inspire back.

Eddie - you should google for nanny copter. they come swaddled in a diaper and there is not much chance of them causing any harm. you dont seem ready for an inspire.

us postively inclined users would appreciate it if you'd lay off adam who is providing a wonderful service

"obnoxious, juvenile users" pot/kettle much?

i dont feel you have any basis for your racist "gluttonous oriental" insult either. they made a mistake with the apple app, and they need to retract it while they work out their differences with apple. most people have found that un-official links and are flying anyway - waiting and hoping that the DJI/Apple squabble isnt a protracted one.

and lay off the "free lawyer talk". you might have allready given a bad impression of lawyers. dont make it worse.
I totally agree. .nicely done. .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters