Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

File number on SD card...

Reaction score
Is there a way to increase the number? The max file number on the SD card is 0999 and I hate when I am shooting pictures and it goes from 0999 back to 0001. It always creates two folders and import becomes a pain. Is there a fix or is it just the DJI way?

Thanks
Stephen

Just the DJI way I'm afraid - it resets at 0999 where a lot of other cameras reset at 9999.

I generally download/ingest media and perform a prefix+renumber as it goes. That includes the folder number in the name and gets around the problem of duplicate files. So a file coming in from a card in folder DCIM/102/DJI_0123.dng/jpg/mov ends up something like I2_102_0123.dng/jpg/mov and is automatically stored out into a year/month/day folder taken from the file's date-timestamp (there are some technical downsides to doing it that way).

As I started originally with still images, I use a program called Photomechanic for the ingest, but it handles video too. There are other programs out there that will do similar things. You could also rename by project, date+time+file number etc, that would stop you hitting duplicates.

Reactions: Advexure
Just the DJI way I'm afraid - it resets at 0999 where a lot of other cameras reset at 9999.

I generally download/ingest media and perform a prefix+renumber as it goes. That includes the folder number in the name and gets around the problem of duplicate files. So a file coming in from a card in folder DCIM/102/DJI_0123.dng/jpg/mov ends up something like I2_102_0123.dng/jpg/mov and is automatically stored out into a year/month/day folder taken from the file's date-timestamp (there are some technical downsides to doing it that way).

As I started originally with still images, I use a program called Photomechanic for the ingest, but it handles video too. There are other programs out there that will do similar things. You could also rename by project, date+time+file number etc, that would stop you hitting duplicates.
Interesting program. Is it worth $150

Reactions: Advexure
It's quite a useful program and I've used it for about 10yrs now: It's quite a quick browser for images/dng's, very flexible for ingest and renaming of files, and the ability to reset the time & date stamps on files comes in very useful. It's aimed at photos more than video, but does at least ingest it and play it. It's not an Aperture/Llightroom replacement, but is brilliant for quickly browsing media files as it doesn't need process them into a catalogue or database.

If you want a similar program aimed more towards video than images, then Kyno is the equivalent for video (not so good on renumbering tho'). Kyno will also transcode video without the need to go into fcpx or premiere.

FWIW, I use both. I've set up a numbering system that I can switch between for several different stills cameras, Osmo, P4, I2, Gopro's, and Audio. I use Photomechanic for all card ingest, file renaming (and reseting time-date if needed) and for quickly browsing images. For quickly playing back video and audio and creating in/out points before moving to FCPX, I use Kyno.

Reactions: Fly Gary
It's quite a useful program and I've used it for about 10yrs now: It's quite a quick browser for images/dng's, very flexible for ingest and renaming of files, and the ability to reset the time & date stamps on files comes in very useful. It's aimed at photos more than video, but does at least ingest it and play it. It's not an Aperture/Llightroom replacement, but is brilliant for quickly browsing media files as it doesn't need process them into a catalogue or database.

If you want a similar program aimed more towards video than images, then Kyno is the equivalent for video (not so good on renumbering tho'). Kyno will also transcode video without the need to go into fcpx or premiere.

FWIW, I use both. I've set up a numbering system that I can switch between for several different stills cameras, Osmo, P4, I2, Gopro's, and Audio. I use Photomechanic for all card ingest, file renaming (and reseting time-date if needed) and for quickly browsing images. For quickly playing back video and audio and creating in/out points before moving to FCPX, I use Kyno.

Downloaded the demo and it is fast and the move/rename are pretty neat. Seems a little steep in price. Guess I need to spend a little more time with it before it times out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineL