Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Finally Painted it.

Reaction score
image.jpg Was originally going to rattle can my Inspire
With Plastic Dip Orange Blaze paint. Changed my mind do to the dusty area I live in. Decided a shiny smooth finish would be better. Had a friend at a auto paint shop with a little 69 Camaro Hugger Orange paint left from a completed job offer it to me. I am very happy how it turned out. The orange seems to afford a better contrast to the skyline. Didn't have enough guts to screw with the camera. Maybe in the future.
Dennis

I ordered a new body from Multicopter Warehouse. Taped off the battery button and green lights and battery bottom. Had the body shop spray the spare canopy. When it was painted, I just removed the white body and put the Orange one on. This way I can always return it to stock white if needed.
Dennis

Looks great! I'm about to have mine Hydro Dipped as well. I'm assuming the body comes off easily and it has no hidden inside attachments to be careful of when removing...right??

Looks great! I'm about to have mine Hydro Dipped as well. I'm assuming the body comes off easily and it has no hidden inside attachments to be careful of when removing...right??
There is a YouTube video out there if you a search that details the canopy removal. Helped me. Be sure not to unplug the GPS antena. Just remove the 4 screws from the unit but leave the connection alone. It is a bugger to plug back in if you unplug it.

There is a YouTube video out there if you a search that details the canopy removal. Helped me. Be sure not to unplug the GPS antena. Just remove the 4 screws from the unit but leave the connection alone. It is a bugger to plug back in if you unplug it.

I'm actually ordering a complete new body and having that painted. I'm concerned about the GPS connection now that you mention it.

I'm actually ordering a complete new body and having that painted. I'm concerned about the GPS connection now that you mention it.
You won't have any problems. I've done it 3 times now. It's one of those deals where you wish you had another hand to get the screw holes lined up while you are holding the GPS Antenna that has a short ribbon cord limiting your movements. Also ...... I wouldn't paint the inside. Save the weight plus it would be very easy to load up paint in the really small screw holes and make the re-installation a tougher job. Good luck.

How's the sturdiness of the paint on the battery clips? Are you going to paint every battery that you purchase in the future. I've been on the fence on painting mine just because the battery cover isn't replaceable.

• How's the sturdiness of the paint on the battery clips? Are you going to paint every battery that you purchase in the future. I've been on the fence on painting mine just because the battery cover isn't replaceable.
    Have had the orange painted 2 batteries I have in and out of the cockpit about 20 times now. No Mars or peeling paint noticed. However the paint job was an auto body professional job. They used this sticky paint for the first coat which is specially designed to promote adhesion to plastic and to the color coat as well. Then a clear coat was applied. Good point about what I'm going to do if I buy additional batteries. Guess I will cross that bridge when it happens. :) Dennis

How did you get the battery green lights taped up nicely ?
It took a while. I pressed masking tape down into the recessed area. Used a small flathead screwdriver to make sure the tape was fully adhered to the lit area. Then I used a very pointed thin xacto knife to trim the masking tape around the stars.

It took a while. I pressed masking tape down into the recessed area. Used a small flathead screwdriver to make sure the tape was fully adhered to the lit area. Then I used a very pointed thin xacto knife to trim the masking tape around the stars.

Thanks, made mine matte black still need to do the batteries. I already purchase liquid masking but this trick will do fine I think.

Also the tip from above is worth trying , i already had the battery dissembled and did expect the transparent plastic not to be one part melted to the top

Hi guys, got bored with the seagull and turned it into a crow nothin too special just normal paint. Completely stripped and re assembled and still works :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop