Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fire performance production filmed with DJI Inspire 1 Pro X

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a qualified pilot in the UK. Thought I would share a creative piece that I filmed showcasing some fire performers. This film is dedicated to a friends son who unfortunately lost his battle to Leukemia a couple of weeks ago.

Having had this as an idea for a couple of years now, Flying Rhino Films presents a bespoke short film showcasing a fire performance. Dare I say, seemingly and after some research on the Internet, this is actually the first time a full performance with various performers, fire spinners, poi, staff etc has been captured with a drone in this way, hence the video title.

The very talented Fire Fiasco tribe in Portsmouth, performed their fiery magic at Southsea Bandstand which looked amazing from above. I also had the Steadicam with me so captured a few ground shots, including the amazing fire breathing filmed in slow motion. With a few smoke grenades thrown in and a random laser pointer, it certainly looked interesting! The inclusion of the fire staff which I again filmed in slow motion was from another event but wanted to include it here as i felt it brought a beautiful masculine and feminine fiery harmony which you will see throughout the video

Worlds First DJI Drone Fire Performance Production

Hi all, I'm a qualified pilot in the UK. Thought I would share a creative piece that I filmed showcasing some fire performers. This film is dedicated to a friends son who unfortunately lost his battle to Leukemia a couple of weeks ago.

Having had this as an idea for a couple of years now, Flying Rhino Films presents a bespoke short film showcasing a fire performance. Dare I say, seemingly and after some research on the Internet, this is actually the first time a full performance with various performers, fire spinners, poi, staff etc has been captured with a drone in this way, hence the video title.

The very talented Fire Fiasco tribe in Portsmouth, performed their fiery magic at Southsea Bandstand which looked amazing from above. I also had the Steadicam with me so captured a few ground shots, including the amazing fire breathing filmed in slow motion. With a few smoke grenades thrown in and a random laser pointer, it certainly looked interesting! The inclusion of the fire staff which I again filmed in slow motion was from another event but wanted to include it here as i felt it brought a beautiful masculine and feminine fiery harmony which you will see throughout the video

Worlds First DJI Drone Fire Performance Production
Nice. Looks like some jerk was using a laser and pointing it at your X5. So nice of them.

Nice. Looks like some jerk was using a laser and pointing it at your X5. So nice of them.

Thanks man, yeah he was a jerk. Early shots were totally unusable! Had to ask him several times to stop but he persisted. The mentality of some people! Some of it kind of worked though and was effective from a distance :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk