Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware update to fix IMU is here

Do you do the tx also or just the inspire why don't they tell us this thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See the Release Notes:

So now DJI has grounded all Inspire 1 if you don't have a propeller lock - which is not easily available yet. Does this mean that flying now without a propeller lock voids the guaranty? This company is crazy weird.

Attachments

• 10922423_10153153062986869_5402112668546907949_n.jpg
    10922423_10153153062986869_5402112668546907949_n.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 64
I don't follow other fora as carefully. Has a photo of the propeller lock been posted? The way I read it that letter, it seems hard not to interpret it as "fly at your own risk if you don't have a propeller lock", although we're not hearing or reading of people's propellers flying off much.

See the Release Notes:

So now DJI has grounded all Inspire 1 if you don't have a propeller lock - which is not easily available yet. Does this mean that flying now without a propeller lock voids the guaranty? This company is crazy weird.

So... Item 6 on the list:

does this now mean that the RTH function only has a 'quoted' accuracy of 65 feet? :eek:

I don't follow other fora as carefully. Has a photo of the propeller lock been posted? The way I read it that letter, it seems hard not to interpret it as "fly at your own risk if you don't have a propeller lock", although we're not hearing or reading of people's propellers flying off much.

There has been reported a few cases on Facebook groups, but you would think this was a much bigger issue than that since they bother to go to the length of "not recommending" flying before you have prop locks (which they can not provide yet).

See the Release Notes:

DJI recommends...nothing on warranty nor grounding of aircraft.

So... Item 6 on the list:

does this now mean that the RTH function only has a 'quoted' accuracy of 65 feet? :eek:
This is ridiculous - what's the reason for this change?

What the hell happens if I'm besides a body of water, on the outskirt of a crowd of people, on the edge of a cliff?!? DJI, think, think!

This is ridiculous - what's the reason for this change?

What the hell happens if I'm besides a body of water, on the outskirt of a crowd of people, on the edge of a cliff?!? DJI, think, think!

It only happens if you hit RTH and the aircraft is within 20 meters of you. Otherwise RTH would occur normally, coming back right where you expect it.

That said, I'd love to understand the reasoning behind this. Why anyone would hit RTH with the aircraft within 100 feet of you I am not sure, but for most people it's probably just an easy way to land. So that is what it becomes... a landing button.

OK, so we agree that this statement basically says that within a 20 meter distance of the home point, the aircraft will make no attempt to reach the true home point before descending vertically and touching the ground, right? That's bad, no? A $400 Blade QX350 hobbyist quad will hit its mark all day long with no bugs or limitations.

Although it's not my primary way of landing, RTH is a valuable function right? And when I set my home point with the expectation that I may have to use RTH, I don't set it arbitrarily. I set it so that it's away from trees, power lines, buildings, people, and even more simply away from irregularities in the terrain around it. With this change, they've basically de-featured the product, telling me that unless I'm in a very large flat area and that I can tolerate such a large variation in my landing point, RTH is useless. Disappointing to me at least.

If there is any explanation for this, I would think it's because people had some awry landings where the aircraft was coming down right over their head (and remote controller) in the dynamic home point mode.

OK, so we agree that this statement basically says that within a 20 meter distance of the home point, the aircraft will make no attempt to reach the true home point before descending vertically and touching the ground, right? That's bad, no? A $400 Blade QX350 hobbyist quad will hit its mark all day long with no bugs or limitations.

Although it's not my primary way of landing, RTH is a valuable function right? And when I set my home point with the expectation that I may have to use RTH, I don't set it arbitrarily. I set it so that it's away from trees, power lines, buildings, people, and even more simply away from irregularities in the terrain around it. With this change, they've basically de-featured the product, telling me that unless I'm in a very large flat area and that I can tolerate such a large variation in my landing point, RTH is useless. Disappointing to me at least.

If there is any explanation for this, I would think it's because people had some awry landings where the aircraft was coming down right over their head (and remote controller) in the dynamic home point mode.

Yeah, I definitely understand your point. I never use dynamic home point (could never get it to work, honestly). And 99% of the time when I hit RTH the aircraft is not really near me. Not 20M anyway.

But you would expect that when you say "return to home" it actually "returns to home". At least within a 5-10 meter circle. The auto landing may freak people out. Once they learn they can pilot it closer as it lands, though, they'll be ok. One hopes...

Yeah, I definitely understand your point. I never use dynamic home point (could never get it to work, honestly). And 99% of the time when I hit RTH the aircraft is not really near me. Not 20M anyway.

But you would expect that when you say "return to home" it actually "returns to home". At least within a 5-10 meter circle. The auto landing may freak people out. Once they learn they can pilot it closer as it lands, though, they'll be ok. One hopes...

IMO, you maybe interpreting this note wrong... What I believe it means is if a RTH is activated and the aircraft is within 20M or 65 feet of the Home Point, it "won't" climb to prescribe RTH altitude...but rather it will descend and land at the home point...

IMO, you maybe interpreting this note wrong... What I believe it means is if a RTH is activated and the aircraft is within 20M or 65 feet of the Home Point, it "won't" climb to prescribe RTH altitude...but rather it will descend and land at the home point...
Hope You're right

lets just say hypothetically you're flying above woods at 150 feet the trees are 80 feet tall and fail safe or return to home happens and it's set for 60 feet does it maintain its altitude at 150 feet or does it automatically drop down to 60 feet in which case would be in the woods! or is it when you are below 60 feet let's say 30" the i1 would then climb to 60 feet and then return home? That is the way I thought it works Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Does this firmware include an update for the Remote? Should I expect the app to tell me if the Remotes need updating?

Edit: I updated my Remotes anyway - it was quick and easy to do. But, I also confirmed that the Remote will reload the firmware from the USB drive whether it needs it or not (when I put the same USB drive in and turned on a second time, it went through the update cycle again).

Last edited:
Im one that crashed because of not having propeller locks... been waiting on DJI to respond to this by a call or email. Im in a very bad situation having a very large event coming up. I believe its going to cost me big money. You would think after paying for the inspired 1 and all the extras that they would be more helpful. Have to call them againg today to try and get this resolved. So my advice is not to fly until you get those locks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207