Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Upgrade Problem

Reaction score
Hi guys! I need help.
I received today my inspire 1 and i tried to upgrade the firmware as written in the manual.
After about 10 minutes it makes a long beep and when i removed the sd card and read the file on the computed it says that the firmware upgrade failed.
I've tried several times and it happens all the time.
Now the remote is not linked to the aircraft and i can't even link them .
I can't even put the Inspire in travel mode .
What can i do?

Thank's

I just received mine today too. Trying to update firmware and it is a pain. I folowed the directions but it has been sitting here beeping for the last 40 minutes. Not sure whether to power down and start again or keep waiting. Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're not alone with the firmware woes.

Hope it works for you! It's so frustrating spending over 3K in a drone that i simply can't use it.
I have a phantom 2, s900, and s1000 and now a Inspire . All those have given me problems and it makes me think: I'm so stupid for keep buying DJI products.

I watched the video but the problem is that i can't even see the aircraft on the app. The only thing i see in the app is the remote and when i try to link the remote withe the aircraft , it fails

Glimbento, I am a complete newbie with the Inspire so don't have any experience to speak from but....I would delete the firmware completely from the sd card, redownload and unzip files and start the entire process over in the hopes that there is a corrupted file somewhere. Don't give up, get that bird in the air. Wishing you well today!

Glimbento, I am a complete newbie with the Inspire so don't have any experience to speak from but....I would delete the firmware completely from the sd card, redownload and unzip files and start the entire process over in the hopes that there is a corrupted file somewhere. Don't give up, get that bird in the air. Wishing you well today!

Thank you AMCR.
i've done that several times, and i just got an answer from dji 24/7 support. I've got to send it back. A brand new inspire that never flew....

Sorry to hear man, that sucks. I hope they get a new one to you quickly! I hate to rub it in but I am about to go fly mine for the first time. I have 100's of phantom flights under my belt but am still very nervous. Wish me well.

Reactions: gilmbento
Sorry to hear man, that sucks. I hope they get a new one to you quickly! I hate to rub it in but I am about to go fly mine for the first time. I have 100's of phantom flights under my belt but am still very nervous. Wish me well.

Happy Flights

Well I spoke too soon. Flew in the trainer app last night for about an hour. Everything was peachy. Got into the field this morning and nothing is working. Got a RC FPGA error with a note saying contact customer service. off to make phone calls. ****

you have to upgrade the firmware on the controllers too. if you already did it try again. i know there is some firmware bug .
go to dji website , inspire 1 and contact the 24hour support. They will fix that with some bin file they have. Not a major problem

It flew! Spent a few minutes chatting on line with DJI guy. Ended up re-installing firmware and got things working. I told them I was kinda sketched out that it would be working well at night then stop in the morning. Not really sure what happened but it did fly while my butt was clinched tighly. ha ha ha. DJI rep said big firmware update coming in a few days.

It flew! Spent a few minutes chatting on line with DJI guy. Ended up re-installing firmware and got things working. I told them I was kinda sketched out that it would be working well at night then stop in the morning. Not really sure what happened but it did fly while my butt was clinched tighly. ha ha ha. DJI rep said big firmware update coming in a few days.

Glad everything went well. I can't understand this way of updating firmware... it's causing a lot of trouble to many people

Glad everything went well. I can't understand this way of updating firmware... it's causing a lot of trouble to many people
It is confusing. I tried by downloading firmware to usb and plugging in directly - didn't work. It seems the only way for me to get it to work is to plug rc into the camera while sd card has firmware files = crazy! I am cool with it as long as it continues to work but I def don't understand. Good luck to you sir! I hope it all gets worked out quickly for you

It is confusing. I tried by downloading firmware to usb and plugging in directly - didn't work. It seems the only way for me to get it to work is to plug rc into the camera while sd card has firmware files = crazy! I am cool with it as long as it continues to work but I def don't understand. Good luck to you sir! I hope it all gets worked out quickly for you

Me too . Nice flights AMCR

Not so simple.

I kept getting failure tones, after spending ~30 minutes waiting during each iteration.

The .TXT file would only show "upgrading" for a message. No other failure or status messages that should have been there were present.

After 4 attempts, I saw on one of the forums to put the .BIN file on the original SD card that came with the system. I thought "Now, isn't that the stupidest thing I've ever heard of?". It really shouldn't matter where the .BIN file is...should it?

Anyway, to my amazement and final delight, it worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool