Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Upgrade Will Not Initiate

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a bit late to the most recent firmware upgrade.

Tonight I have been trying to update to 01.09.01.30 but I cannot get the upgrade to initiate.

I have downloaded the firmware, put the .bin file in the root directory of the SD card, put that in the X5 gimbal and powered up the aircraft. I get the normal start up routine but the firmware upgrade does not start.

I have tried different SD cards but nothing will work. I have the latest version of the app, the RCs are off, the gimbal is working normally so it's not a connection issue.

I am a bit stumped. Has anybody had this issue and does anybody have a suggestion as to how I get this to fire up?

Best,

Simon.

Hi all,

Tonight I have been trying to update to 01.09.01.30 but I cannot get the upgrade to initiate.

I have downloaded the firmware, put the .bin file in the root directory of the SD card, put that in the X5 gimbal and powered up the aircraft. I get the normal start up routine but the firmware upgrade does not start.

I have tried different SD cards but nothing will work. I have the latest version of the app, the RCs are off, the gimbal is working normally so it's not a connection issue.

I am a bit stumped. Has anybody had this issue and does anybody have a suggestion as to how I get this to fire up?

Best,

Simon.

You are not alone!!! My buddy is having same issue but with the v2 x3. With the most recent firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you downloaded the right file for the Pro? DJI site leads you to wrong file for the pro if you are not careful. FW file should be WM610_FC550_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin for the Pro. If you use non pro version without FC550 in name it won't load.

Also txt files should be created on sd card with log of processing and any errors.

Reactions: Yiannis.B
Hi all,

Best,

Simon.
Are you using a Mac to download and put the .bin file on the MicroSD?
If so - don't.
Use a PC and it will probably work. There have been numerous issues with Mac initiated firmware updates bit nobody knows why!

Are you using a Mac to download and put the .bin file on the MicroSD?
If so - don't.:confused:
Use a PC and it will probably work. There have been numerous issues with Mac initiated firmware updates bit nobody knows why!:(
Format the sd in the Go App, plug the camera directly into the usb port of the computer. Leave the sd card in the camera.
ill bet a hundo every update it works:cool:
Unplug the drone and dddd dddd dddd starts.
Simple:)

Format the sd in the Go App, plug the camera directly into the usb port of the computer. Leave the sd card in the camera.
ill bet a hundo every update it works:cool:
Unplug the drone and dddd dddd dddd starts.
Simple:)
This will work with an inspire?? Where do you plug the camera in? usb in gimbal? So you are saying don't put card into aircraft?? never tried that ? Exact steps?
thanks

The usb port, the small part into the back of the camera the other end your computer.
Yes put the card in the camera
Check the Dji sdk site if you want step by step but it works using a Mac

Reactions: Neil sulish
1 format
2 connect
3 power on ac
4 click and drag
5 wait 30 sec for download
6 power off ac
7 disconnect usb from camera
8 start ac
9 wait for ac dddd dddd dddd

Reactions: Neil sulish
Works fine on Mac for me. Just use Go App to format SD card and copy correct bin file to empty root directory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry