Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware V01.02.0500 Concerns Or Not?

Reaction score
Having ignored this upgrade for some time, I mistakenly accepted the upload during safety checks on my I2. Thought I was accepting no fly zone updates I don't know, anyways here I am with the newish firmware installed on my I2 and four sets of batteries. I then went to the DJI website to check the update notes, whilst there, I noticed a link to a video about a capture wire link for the I2 camera, whilst checking the installation videos on youtube for that came across several do not update to 0500 videos.
I have been using 0300 since it came out with zero issues, well nothing that gave me any concerns. I live in the North East of Scotland, I am a hobby pilot mainly taking coastal shots and video over water.
I have no issues flying in windy conditions with this drone, it behaves impeccably. I have not done any flights with this firmware as yet, given the problems I have noted some folks are having flying in windy conditions,I would obviously fly into the wind to see how it performs. In cold conditions as it is now, I aways have my batteries nice and toasty between a couple of hot water bottles before installation and flight. As I have not seen much more on this issues with battery power fluctuations, is this a none issue? I do understand I can now downgrade the firmware to version 400, I just want to have some updates on how folks are getting along with the 500 firmware. If it really is a problem I though there would more posts now the weather is a lot colder here in the Northern Hemisphere. PS I ordered the camera capture link for my I2.

Thanks for any responses.

Les

Last edited:
Having ignored this upgrade for some time, I mistakenly accepted the upload during safety checks on my I2. Thought I was accepting no fly zone updates I don't know, anyways here I am with the newish firmware installed on my I2 and four sets of batteries. I then went to the DJI website to check the update notes, whilst there, I noticed a link to a video about a capture wire link for the I2 camera, whilst checking the installation videos on youtube for that came across several do not update to 0500 videos.
I have been using 0300 since it came out with zero issues, well nothing that gave me any concerns. I live in the North East of Scotland, I am a hobby pilot mainly taking coastal shots and video over water.
I have no issues flying in windy conditions with this drone, it behaves impeccably. I have not done any flights with this firmware as yet, given the problems I have noted some folks are having flying in windy conditions,I would obviously fly into the wind to see how it performs. In cold conditions as it is now, I aways have my batteries nice and toasty between a couple of hot water bottles before installation and flight. As I have not seen much more on this issues with battery power fluctuations, is this a none issue? I do understand I can now downgrade the firmware to version 400, I just want to have some updates on how folks are getting along with the 500 firmware. If it really is a problem I though there would more posts now the weather is a lot colder here in the Northern Hemisphere. PS I ordered the camera capture link for my I2.

Thanks for any responses.

Les
I start with asking what is camera capture link ?
I've also read about issues with loosing power some experience with .0500.
The only way to find out if your drone will be affected is to test in windy condition, flying into the wind, as a wise precaution. Apparently not every I2 is affected by this issue, so you might be one of the lucky ones. Also your "luck" might depend on how old are your batteries, how many cycles they have and how healthy they are overall. This new FW apparently applies more stringent test on batteries and the safety net kicks in sooner if the FW detects sudden lack of power coming from the batteries or if the cell voltage drops down faster under load than the FW deems ok etc. I have not experienced such issue though I have not flown in cold conditions yet. Other than that my I2 seems a bit more stable in hover on the new firmware and that's about it. Good luck and keep us posted

Last edited:
I start with asking what is camera capture link ?
I've also read about issues with loosing power some experience with .0500.
The only way to find out if your drone will be affected is to test in windy condition, flying into the wind, as a wise precaution. Apparently not every I2 is affected by this issue, so you might be one of the lucky ones. I have not experienced such issue though I have not flown in cold conditions yet. Other than that my I2 seems a bit more stable in hover on the new firmware and that's about it. Good luck and keep us posted
Hi mmarian,

It is a wire link that threads through the camera suspension module and attaches to the aircraft body, it prevents the loss of the camera if it separates from the airframe. This device now comes as standard on new Inspire 2 aircraft, I bought one just in case. Thanks for the response, its always windy where i live. I almost lost my Inspire 1 due to a similar issue years ago, loss of power over water.

Hi mmarian,

It is a wire link that threads through the camera suspension module and attaches to the aircraft body, it prevents the loss of the camera if it separates from the airframe. This device now comes as standard on new Inspire 2 aircraft, I bought one just in case. Thanks for the response, its always windy where i live. I almost lost my Inspire 1 due to a similar issue years ago, loss of power over water.
I edited my reply, please read again

Hi guys, anyone using 0500 FW? May I ask which RC FW are you using? I’m having difficulties updating RC FW from 0060 to 0080, details see my post below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi guys, anyone using 0500 FW? May I ask which RC FW are you using? I’m having difficulties updating RC FW from 0060 to 0080, details see my post below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The controller was updated in a previous firmware update dated 10.06.2020 (controller only). If I remember correctly when I connected the controller to my internet connected iPad it came up with the option to install the new firmware on the controller. No issues at all. When I updated my inspire from 300 to 500 the controller was already on 80..

Regards

Les

Last edited:
Thank you Les! I gave it another go with iPad but unfortunately it was the same, it didn't prompt anything. Maybe DJI removed the update? Will wait for others to chime in.
The controller was updated in a previous firmware update dated 10.06.2020 (controller only). If I remember correctly when I connected the controller to my internet connected iPad it came up with the option to install the new firmware on the controller. No issues at all. When I updated my inspire from 300 to 500 the controller was already on 80..

Regards

Les

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan