Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.2.0.17 broke my confidence in my i1

Reaction score
I've got 250 flights totalling 7hr 20mins on my i1 now. I had non of the reported issues since day one and only had good performance and very stable flights. That was until Firmware v1.2.0.17. Does not matter if I do IMU cal before every flight, multiple compass cal's or restarting the i1 and controller, I keep getting very erratic movements as well as a lot of toilet bowling during my first 10minutes of hover. I say hover because that is exactly what I do until I am VERY sure that things seems more stable. Flights after that seems fine, but I have no confidence while flying them. It makes flying the machine a headache instead of a pleasure. Using one battery just to get the thing airborne seems to be such a waste. I don't even feel like playing in ATTI anymore either.
What worries me is that it seems that most owners feel that .17 actually fixed problems for them. Thus DJI think that they are making progress. And me? I'm moving backwards.

.17 only updated lightbridge side of things. Is it possibly cold where you live and not letting the craft acclimate before flying?

Then it broke my machines GPS during the upgrade process. All my flight hours have been done at the same time of the day at very much the same temperatures. 24deg Celsius would not be far off as a average. Problems started at the first flight after the fw upgrade.

Then it broke my machines GPS during the upgrade process. All my flight hours have been done at the same time of the day at very much the same temperatures. 24deg Celsius would not be far off as a average. Problems started at the first flight after the fw upgrade.

No, you are now seeing compass degradation issues. In turn hurting your gps performance.

Please hold tight, hopefully not much longer.

250 flights and only 7 and a half hours in the air?? There may be something else wrong.

Guess he just looked at the flight logs page, and that's still quite broken.

Last week I did 5 flights with my iPhone, synced it, then synced my Galaxy Tab to have them on there... and those flights came in broken into about 50 "flights" of a minute or so...

250 flights and only 7 and a half hours in the air?? There may be something else wrong.

I agree, that's 250 4 minute flights. His Inspire is probably broken out of complete boredom or its rebelling and trying to get some thrills by itself.

Skillet, 'if you love something/body, set it free. If it comes back it was meant to be'

Reactions: Kilrah and Mazz
what the hell is toilet bowl effect? I gotta ask..

The toilet bowl effect or TBE is the resulting physical ejection of bodily excrement from both ends when you realise your Inspire has disappeared over the horizon and is quite possibly not coming back. It is comically named the Toilet Bowl effect assuming you're lucky enough to be near one when the above happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moleyb
In his case toilet bowl affect is when a drone gets bored and does circles till its dizzy and then it drifts around sounds like this is his issue 250flights 440min I would toilet bowl myself:)

I have two separate instances of the Inspire flying fine but the HDMI playback on the second controller is completely broken and unreliable on the iPad.
We use a separate 7"OLED for the Gimbal Operator and prior to the update it was working fine.

I have two separate instances of the Inspire flying fine but the HDMI playback on the second controller is completely broken and unreliable on the iPad.
We use a separate 7"OLED for the Gimbal Operator and prior to the update it was working fine.

Video is broken until you upgrade the firmware on the second controller. Makes sense, since the release notes say the purpose of the upgrade was to fix video issues.

Video is broken until you upgrade the firmware on the second controller. Makes sense, since the release notes say the purpose of the upgrade was to fix video issues.

But that has nothing to do with the Toilet Bowl Effect. Different issue entireley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips