Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help! Inspire 1 stuck at v1.2

Reaction score
This is a video showing my problem, description below

Hello fellow Inspire 1 junkies!! I’ve been reading posts on this forum for about a week now trying to correct an issue on my I1, but I’ve finally reached the point where I need to humbly ask for help.

My original problem was no image transmission after an update to 1.11. After replacing cables and trying a different camera, I decided it was time to downgrade the firmware. Downgrade would not take, bird simply would D-D-D-D for approximately 10 seconds then do a solid beep. Also it would not refresh v1.11 either. So after doing some reading I found out about the master key/debug file. I created that and hot-**** I was able to downgrade! Still no return of image transmission though. So then I begin this process of sequencially downgrading the firmware version one at a time using the debug file. Well, I did this all the way down to 1.2, which as I understand now, this was a big mistake.

So, now when I turn the bird on, I get the firmware update beep D, D-D all the time. It will not recognize the bin file on the sd card. I have tried different cards, reformatting them, even using windows to do the full formatting, exFAT and FAT32, even used windows to download 1.3 from the DJI site, still nothing, with and without the debug file. The RC will only go down to 1.5.8, so with the bird at 1.2 I barely get a stable enough connection to view the about screen, which quite honestly goes all over the map between aircraft version and camera versions. Tried letting it sit all night too on, and nothing.

Again, no text file generated, no log files in the misc folder. What to do!?

I really don’t want to spend the money to send this into DJI. If that is my only choice, then so be it. I would just like to figure this out on my own. There may be a time when DJI will end support of the I1, and there will be a lot of us who will still be flying them and needing to repair them.

Also, i have read Donnie’s tip page, thank you! Very well done.

Thank you all in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah