Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.2.1.03 2015-05-06

Anyone still getting "Gimbal Calibration Failed' message on android after this update or has that been addressed now?

I also got that message every time with the most recent update to the Android App. I will do the firmware update here in a few minutes and report back.

Last edited:
I also got that message every time with the most recent update to the Android App. I will do the firmware update here in a few minutes and report back.
It fixes it !:)

EDIT: No it doesn't!:mad: It does not appear on v1.0.10 but it does on the latest v1.1.0 (still)

All updates done this end AC, RC and 8 batteries (that took a while) !! All with no problems

AC takes around 17 mins
RC around 5 mins
Batteries about 2-3 mins each.

Now.... if it would **** well stop raining, I could go and fly :mad:

Last edited:
finished the update on i1, batteries, remote and every thing seems good used up 2 of my batteries so far but I have one question, what is the little individual on the bottom of the app next to D: and H.S with the arrow next to him?

All went well here.. two of my original batteries updated, but on my new battery TB48, it says "battery upgrade required". I have power cycled it 3 times. Does the new battery need to be fully charged to upgrade? Its at 60%

Reactions: turbodronepilot
All went well here.. two of my original batteries updated, but on my new battery TB48, it says "battery upgrade required". I have power cycled it 3 times. Does the new battery need to be fully charged to upgrade? Its at 60%
If it has NEVER been used before then yes it probably does.
Charge to 100% then the upgrade should take.

My AC updated with success. However, my RC does not seem to want to take the update. I put the SD card in the USB reader and turn on the RC. The instructions say it will take 60 seconds for the update to start. I have let it set several times for more than 3 minutes and it never starts the update. I have two controllers and neither will take the update.

I have tried also using the gimbal is a USB/SD card reader and that does not make a difference. The instructions don't say if you should use the gimbal standalone as not in the AC. That is what I did, using the small USB cable you normally use with your tablet/phone and the controller.

Any ideas?

My AC updated with success. However, my RC does not seem to want to take the update. I put the SD card in the USB reader and turn on the RC. The instructions say it will take 60 seconds for the update to start. I have let it set several times for more than 3 minutes and it never starts the update. I have two controllers and neither will take the update.

I have tried also using the gimbal is a USB/SD card reader and that does not make a difference. The instructions don't say if you should use the gimbal standalone as not in the AC. That is what I did, using the small USB cable you normally use with your tablet/phone and the controller.

Any ideas?

Maybe format the sd card, re-drop the bin file on it, and then try to update the RC again?

2 Inspires, 3 Controllers and 7 Batteries...all good!
Test flew it for 3 minutes (it is dark and windy out) so will try a proper fly-out tomorrow.

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Any ideas?

It may be your USB/SD card reader. If you have access to another one it may be worth giving it a try.
I have not used the update method using the camera gimbal but I believe you'll need the camera mounted onto the inspire and for the Inspire to be powered up.
Also confirm that the only file on the SD card is the .bin file.

Good Luck!

Updating both birds now. So far so good.

giphy.gif

Silly question, but how do you guys update your batteries, I have 6 of them.
After you updated your aircraft and controllers, keep the update sd card in Inspire and insert your batteries, they will be updated automatically after you power up. You will notice all leds on the battery flashing green, they will stop when update is finished. It should not take long, just a few minutes.
After you finished the update of one battery, remove it and repeat the process with your remaining batteries, one by one.

Test flight carried out between showers in very gusty windy conditions (20mph). Aircraft flew well and handled conditions fine. No changes in height during forward and sideways flight. RC and video was stable throughout test.

HOWEVER, switching to P-ATTI displayed the normal on-screen warning that I should stay in P-GPS but had no effect. The I1 remained in the same position in space and in P-GPS mode with the Flying in GPS green banner at top of screen. I landed and double checked that multiple flight modes selected. Still the I1 refused to switch out of P-GPS mode.

Also, the problem I was experiencing with the development firmware (1.2.1.2) has not been fixed. The flight times are still being recorded at twice the actual length in the Flight Log. Is there a way of doing a flush of the firmware?

Another question.... If I use another sd card, should I load the bin file on it as well?
It's not necessary if you have already updated everything and all your batteries. You can then delete/reformat the card if you want to or use one with no bin file on it.

Reactions: Highrpm955

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD