Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.2.1.03 2015-05-06

Test flight carried out between showers in very gusty windy conditions (20mph). Aircraft flew well and handled conditions fine. No changes in height during forward and sideways flight. RC and video was stable throughout test.

HOWEVER, switching to P-ATTI displayed the normal on-screen warning that I should stay in P-GPS but had no effect. The I1 remained in the same position in space and in P-GPS mode with the Flying in GPS green banner at top of screen. I landed and double checked that multiple flight modes selected. Still the I1 refused to switch out of P-GPS mode.

Also, the problem I was experiencing with the development firmware (1.2.1.2) has not been fixed. The flight times are still being recorded at twice the actual length in the Flight Log. Is there a way of doing a flush of the firmware?

Now that's the bug everyone was waiting for.
Inspire One refuses to quit P-GPS mode.
stop reporting this bug, people, it's exactly we have all been asking for the last couple months :)

.....HOWEVER, switching to P-ATTI displayed the normal on-screen warning that I should stay in P-GPS but had no effect. The I1 remained in the same one in space and in P-GPS mode with the Flying in GPS green banner at top of screen. I landed and double checked that multiple flight modes selected. Still the I1 refused to switch out of P-GPS mode.

That's weird! - I haven't flown the new FW yet because it's hacking down out there. I did just try switching from GPS to Atti and the message comes up as usual and the banner goes yellow (as previously). I can't confirm whether it REALLY is Atti though until tomorrow.

I will add it to my list of 'To Check'

However...... I am running the previous version of the android DJI Pilot app v1.0.10 the new v1.1.0 seems a little too flakey for my liking and I have and never will have any use for that daft 'Director' or My SpaceFace DooTube streaming malarky. So I do not see the point in bloating my tablet with 80mb of cow dung.

Reactions: ted35
I did it the conservative way.
After the update of the inspire is complete do the following to update your batteries -
1. Remove the SD card
2. Check the txt file to make sure it shows Success
3. Delete all files on the SD card except the .bin file
4. Put battery to be updated and SD card into the inspire and turn on.
5. B,B,B,B sound will start and the lights will flash rapidly on the battery.
6. After 2-3 minutes you get the B,_,B,B sound
7. Turn off the Inspire. You are finished.
8. Go to step 1!

Cheers

Welp. They are done. Time to test them.

giphy.gif

I've updated my AC, 2 RCs, and 4 batteries. Haven't flown yet. But one thing I notice on the v1.1 of the android app (which I have been running for several days) it's not showing the Firmware version. it just shows N/A.

I will add it to my list of 'To Check'
I did try P-ATTI mode this morning with the latest iOS Pilot App 1.1.1 before updating the firmware. It did not work then but I put this down to a configuration reset. I was unable to test further then due to rain. The P-ATTI fault may therefore be App related and nothing to do with 1.2.1.3.

I did try P-ATTI mode this morning with the latest iOS Pilot App 1.1.1 before updating the firmware. It did not work then but I put this down to a configuration reset. I was unable to test further then due to rain. The P-ATTI fault may therefore be App related and nothing to do with 1.2.1.3.
I did wonder that but I have just tried it on my test tablet which does have v1.1.0 on at it still turns yellow and reports Non Gps/Atti.

Strange..... if you are running iOS it could be an iOS only bug of course!

Ok - On a serious note guys and slightly off topic for which I apologise.....

What I find disturbing is that DJI have put a fix in that addresses the issue of some remote turning themselves off mid flight. Something that has been flagged up/highlighted on this forum and on DJI's own forum.

The ramifications of a remote just switching off mid flight could be catastrophic (irrespective of what RTH is meant to do) yet at no time would DJI admit to there being a problem or warn their customer base such a problem existed and give their end users the opportunity to ground their aircraft until a fix was found.

This says volumes about how the inner sanctums of DJI think and operate. In order for them to issue a fix for this, they would need to identify it, re-write the section of code/hook that is causing the problem and then test the code to ensure the problem is actually fixed. At NO TIME during manifestation, discovery or work in progress or implementation did DJI communicate with it's customers and warn them of a potential dangerous situation.
And yet they HAD to know about it.

We have stepped back to the Ford Pinto days !!

I have to concur! Though I’m a newbie to the forum, my Inspire 1 arrive < 2 weeks ago (and I still haven’t had a maiden flight), the potential that your transmitter could shut itself off while in flight is an enormous risk. Even if they felt the risk was small they should have alerted the flight community so we could make an informed decision as to fly or not.

regular update time for AC?

i have more than 30 minutes and it still doing "D-D-D-D"

regular update time for AC?

i have more than 30 minutes and it still doing "D-D-D-D"

Each of my inspires took 15 minutes (one was 14'45" and the other was 15'20")
All 3 controllers took 1'20" and the batteries (I didn't time them) were between 2-3 minutes each.

Each of my inspires took 15 minutes (one was 14'45" and the other was 15'20")
All 3 controllers took 1'20" and the batteries (I didn't time) them were between 2-3 minutes each.
i just shut it down after 1 hour, put the bin file on the original sd card and started again, it ends in less than 5 minutes, now alredy updated rc, and im going to my 3rd battery to end the process

thaks anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell