Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.2.1.03 2015-05-06

All updated fine except controller wouldn't update on exFAT had to format USB to FAT32. It updated fine last time on exFAT... Joys of DJI expect the unexpected.

RTH reset to zero

Never a dull moment with DJI upgrades !

First upgrade I did, wouldn't work until I'd formatted the SD card on my Mac to FAT32. Second upgrade I did, would'nt recognise the bin file until I'd formatted the sd card within the app. This upgrade seems to want the sd card formatted to FAT32 again :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Reactions: Gigs
Yes I do. I updated yesterday to WM610_FW_V01.02.01.03.bin and I still get the message.

Still amazes me that with all the testing, something like that can still get out and be released. I'd much rather DJI put off a release until it's correct. When GS does come out, I can only imagine the first 20-30 posts in that topic...

You are making the assumption there is any focused organized regression testing for the app.

Flawless update!!!
Aircraft: 15 minutes; RC: 5 minutes; Batteries 2 minutes
I am seeing some fluctuation in my lifetime values of my TB 47 batteries however.
All are charged at 100%, 4500 mAh. 24 charges on one reads 90% lifetime. The other 2 100%, 4500 mAh, 98% lifetime each. I understand that I should mark my batteries as it appears I am using one more than the other.
I fly the bird down to about 18-20% and then do a full charge.
After only 24 charges, is 90% normal (seems kind of low)?
Would a full discharge make a difference?

Did anybody noticed RTH altitude set to 0 after you shut down the app? Is been reported on other forums
Mine does this, however as soon as you power up the bird it's back at the set value. Also the compass / sensor calibration screen comes up when you switch the controller and power up the bird. Too windy to fly today, hopefully I will get a chance to fly her tomorrow. I use iOS and a Mini Ipad 2.

And they STILL haven't fixed the RC shutter button not taking bracketed shots - Will only work from the app screen even though it makes the 'shutter sound' of 3/5 shots.
Caught me out again this morning :mad: - would have had some lovely HDR shots with some moody skies but gone one shot each time so I didn't get the High or the Dynamic or the Range really :(
I do notice a new HDR button on the popout menu...............................but it's grayed out.

And they STILL haven't fixed the RC shutter button not taking bracketed shots - Will only work from the app screen even though it makes the 'shutter sound' of 3/5 shots.
Caught me out again this morning :mad: - would have had some lovely HDR shots with some moody skies but gone one shot each time so I didn't get the High or the Dynamic or the Range really :(
I've loved my DJI quads since the very first one, but for a $10 Billion company they sure miss the small (but important) things. Maybe not enough recources or staff? Struggling with cash flow maybe?:rolleyes: Still, I'm thankful to have such an amazing piece of tech! Looooove my Inspire1!

After the update i had a battery (TB47) go from 55% to 7% in an instant. It did auto land when it was at 55% warning me battery was very low...which i found strange. After take off it then did the instant discharge to 7%. I was flying at 5ft and right by me though due to being cautious after the update.

I started out at around 60% though as i hadn't flown it for two or more weeks. I let it go to 0% and have since fully charged, will report back.

After the update i had a battery (TB47) go from 55% to 7% in an instant. It did auto land when it was at 55% warning me battery was very low...which i found strange. After take off it then did the instant discharge to 7%. I was flying at 5ft and right by me though due to being cautious after the update.

I started out at around 60% though as i hadn't flown it for two or more weeks. I let it go to 0% and have since fully charged, will report back.
Doubt this is a FW issue, cause there's been a few reports of this battery behaviour when flying with a battery that's not fully charged. Could be a faulty cell. Did you see if there was one cell that had a lower voltage than the others?

I did the upgrade on dual remotes and 2 batteries took awhile (almost 1 battery awhile)
also had to use 2 sd cards ,dji firmware is never really straight forward but it does go
Because of 2 batteries 2 remotes i had to use a second sd card for recognition

Also i did fly after this formware and everything was ok

Doubt this is a FW issue, cause there's been a few reports of this battery behaviour when flying with a battery that's not fully charged. Could be a faulty cell. Did you see if there was one cell that had a lower voltage than the others?

No faulty cells, just came back from a very good flight, so it may have been a blip...got the full 16 minute flight, was careful to begin with but when i saw it was ok i went for it!

Cheers,

Reactions: Ferdi
No faulty cells, just came back from a very good flight, so it may have been a blip...got the full 16 minute flight, was careful to begin with but when i saw it was ok i went for it!

Cheers,

This has happened to me before. The most likely cause I've found is removing the battery from the aircraft, then putting it back in and flying when not fully charged. It seems to cause some kind of glitch. I no longer remove the battery between flights if changing locations on a single charge and haven't had a reccurance. I really wish DJI would look into it though as that should not happen and could be catastrophic if over water or far from a safe landing point.

Just finished successfully updating everything - aircraft, rc, batteries and the new IOS app.
I got the MC Error today for the first time flying over water. I freaked out, immediately thinking it was a "Mission Control Error" and neither Major Tom or Houston were anywhere to be found
clear.png

After reading up top, I am happy to learn it is only a memory card error. I am still using the stock MC. If I am caching my videos with the new director, would this be the reason I received the error?
My memory card was formatted before the flight.
If I want to cache the video I take, am I going to need a higher capacity MC?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Just finished successfully updating everything - aircraft, rc, batteries and the new IOS app.
I got the MC Error today for the first time flying over water. I freaked out, immediately thinking it was a "Mission Control Error" and neither Major Tom or Houston were anywhere to be found
clear.png

After reading up top, I am happy to learn it is only a memory card error. I am still using the stock MC. If I am caching my videos with the new director, would this be the reason I received the error?
My memory card was formatted before the flight.
If I want to cache the video I take, am I going to need a higher capacity MC?
This is the internal log memory.. There is now an option to clear this area before flight. I wouldn't do this each flight though. You want a few logs sitting there so if something does go wrong, they have something as a reference.

This is the internal log memory.. There is now an option to clear this area before flight. I wouldn't do this each flight though. You want a few logs sitting there so if something does go wrong, they have something as a reference.

I got this on my last flight too for the first time. Are we supposed to clear the logs regularly? I've never heard anything about this. Made me nervous getting the red error because I thought it said RC error instead of MC error at first and I was 100 metres up over a river.... Luckily I was calm and just stopped touching the controller and made sure it was staying still, then realized I still had control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianlara9389