Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FIRST ARREST FOR INTERFERING WITH FIRE FIGHTING AIRCRAFT

Due process??? WTF? This is a BS forum, no one here is trying this clown in a court of law...and he is a dumbass. Happy for your 20 yrs in the fire service, I have 32 in the police service.

I still don't get your point. No news stories can be posted unless they include a transcript of the trial, a list of the evidence, and a conviction??

Geez, all this crap for posting a news story...Give me you phone number so I can have you vet every news story I post in the future...

Last edited:
wow dude, you really scare me. My standards are called due process. Something you might need someday if you pull a "dumbass" stunt. Judging? Are you serious? Take a look at your thread. You called the guy a dumbass. You may not realize it but that's judging without the facts. You know nothing about what happened. You yourself said its a report to read. Read it. But don't go editorializing without the facts. Is that too hard? Other blogs used other adjectives. My point is this. I have worked with EMS and Fire for nearly 20 years. I love them and their dedication. Some are sharp as a tack and others.....well not so much. I've seen Fire operations really overreact and other times keep a level head. For the guy arrested, better information will help us commercially flying when others don't understand the rules.

I think some folks use this forum to work out their sexual frustrations. Not saying licensed pilot is one of them. Not saying he isn't.

Reactions: Shane Petees
I think you need to take a Xanax and calm down a little bit Jesus Christ Forum police

Go enjoy yourself if you make a couple bucks to put in your pocket obey the government's rules as much as you can

I don't condone interference of Fire or EMS operations. However, I would like to know the facts first before judging. What did the drone do that forced them to stop operations? Did it get in the way? Did it fly into a flight path? Did someone simply see it and freak out? I only ask because anyone in this forum knows that people outside of our industry think they know when a drone is causing problems when operations may be perfectly safe and operating in an area it is legally allowed to. I linked onto the article....and as usual...bad journalism leaving important information like this out. Let's get better info so when others ask us about it, we can give good information out.

SFGATE article useless. sUAS better but still leaving useful information out.
He was operating his UAV in a fire zone - thats a NO NO, full stop. There is no safe operating altitude in fire zone any UAV at any height is in the way, there are no set flight paths or corridors in a fire zone the fire fighting aircraft need to be able to manuever to any point on any bearing and often just above treetop level to deliver the payload to the correct target so if he flew into the fire zone then he interfered and he quite frankly sealed his own fate by posting footage on social media.

wow dude, you really scare me. My standards are called due process. Something you might need someday if you pull a "dumbass" stunt. Judging? Are you serious? Take a look at your thread. You called the guy a dumbass. You may not realize it but that's judging without the facts. You know nothing about what happened. You yourself said its a report to read. Read it. But don't go editorializing without the facts. Is that too hard? Other blogs used other adjectives. My point is this. I have worked with EMS and Fire for nearly 20 years. I love them and their dedication. Some are sharp as a tack and others.....well not so much. I've seen Fire operations really overreact and other times keep a level head. For the guy arrested, better information will help us commercially flying when others don't understand the rules.
I think you'll find due process did take place, he was tracked down and arrested after basically posting his own video confession in the form of footage recorded over a fire zone - so as @licensed pilot says the guys a dumbass, in fact I'd venture to say he's a DOUBLE dumbass, once for flying over a fire zone and a second time for being dumbass enough to then post the footage online...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth