Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fish-eye lens for X3

Reaction score
Hello,

I was curious if anyone knows of a fish-eye lens for the X3 camera. I have a job that I need about 140° FOV and I did not know if that is possible with the X3. I would like to do this without modifying the camera but have been unable to find a way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

back-bone sells lenses for the gopro (same size as x3). i did modify mine once but converted back to stock. it's no rocket science (spelling :)
you have to rip the x3, break the glue gently with pliers and screw in the other lens until focus is good. give it a tip of hot glue if you feel the need to and you are good to fly... the fisheye is fairly small so you will probably be able to put back the front too. - can't remember -

on youtube there are videos on how to rip the camera. took me 10-15 min as the glue on mine was stubborn... lol

Thanks for the reply I was hoping to find something to screw onto the front like the ones they sell for phones to avoid taking mine apart.

You're probably better off renting an X5 with a lens than messing with your X3. If you mess it up, it's not cheap to replace. Plus even if you can find an adapter to screw on, quality would suck.

Why do you need 140 fov? Is it for video or for pics? If it's for pics, you might be able to do pano type shots where you snap a picture in one direction, rotate 20 degrees or so, snap another pic, and so on. Then in post you can stitch them together (there are some apps that do that too). You get the same effect that way. Of course this only work well if you're not really close to you subject.

Where do you rent an x5 and what is the FOV? I was under the impression that the x5 was narrower than the x3.

It is for video and we are not worried about distortion with this shoot it is for watching traffic patterns. It is at a large intersection and we don't want to have to back up to see the entire area.

Thank you for the response!

you can change lenses on an X5 and use a wide angle or other. I'm pretty sure they would have an 18mm lens (or similar). Not sure if you can rent just the x5, or if you have to rent the whole bird. I've seen rental inspires out there with X5.

You're probably better off renting an X5 with a lens than messing with your X3. If you mess it up, it's not cheap to replace. Plus even if you can find an adapter to screw on, quality would suck.

Why do you need 140 fov? Is it for video or for pics? If it's for pics, you might be able to do pano type shots where you snap a picture in one direction, rotate 20 degrees or so, snap another pic, and so on. Then in post you can stitch them together (there are some apps that do that too). You get the same effect that way. Of course this only work well if you're not really close to you subject.

you csan not mess it up really just need some patience and the lens from back-bone. screws in like the original.

if you put something on the camera will be out of balance and you would end up burning the gimbal motors...

i agree with Steve and would check to see if you can rent something if you do not want to take the x3 apart that much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84