Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flight Gloves

Reaction score
I did a search and came up with posts almost a year old and was wondering if we've come up with solution for winter flying. I've only done one flight, last Friday, with a temp about 34F and 8 minutes was about all I could handle. It looks like this kind of breaks down on the touch screen thing so let me ask this two ways:

1. If the gloves have to provide good touch screen response
and
2. If you can live with occasionally taking a glove off

So, where are we with this since a year ago?

Brian

I use a pair of gloves that have the finger tips cut off. They aren't very thin so I can still feel. I have ordered one of the transmitter gloves to try out and see how it works.

Just looked into what you call "transmitter gloves" and I don't think that;s going to work for me.

Brian

I did a search and came up with posts almost a year old and was wondering if we've come up with solution for winter flying. I've only done one flight, last Friday, with a temp about 34F and 8 minutes was about all I could handle. It looks like this kind of breaks down on the touch screen thing so let me ask this two ways:

and

Brian

34F for 8 minutes and you were cold?

34F is a warm summer day for us up north here. I went out flying last night and it was -4F Flew two batteries before I was too cold to fly anymore, and yes, that was without gloves :)

After saying that though, a good set a gloves would be nice to have.

P.S. Here's a nice night video of a local ski slope in Canada... it was about -12F out when i filmed it and I was about 2 miles away from the resort.

34F for 8 minutes and you were cold?

34F is a warm summer day for us up north here. I went out flying last night and it was -4F Flew two batteries before I was too cold to fly anymore, and yes, that was without gloves :)

After saying that though, a good set a gloves would be nice to have.

P.S. Here's a nice night video of a local ski slope in Canada... it was about -12F out when i filmed it and I was about 2 miles away from the resort.

34F would not have been as bad were it not for the moisture in the air that day and there was a 13mph wind according to healthy drones.

I ordered some gloves yesterday and should have them Thursday.

Brian

and

Brian
I just cut a small slot about halfway down the index finger sleeve and poke my finger through. When done, get finger back inside!

I use a tablet stylus even in summer and it works great!
Plus you don't get oily finger marks on the screen.
I can use any set of gloves with this.

I use a tablet stylus even in summer and it works great!
Plus you don't get oily finger marks on the screen.
I can use any set of gloves with this.

Where do you put the stylus when you're not using it?

So, if using a stylus eliminates the touch screen problem then that leaves the decision down to a compromise between warmth and dexterity and feel.

Brian

Where do you put the stylus when you're not using it?

So, if using a stylus eliminates the touch screen problem then that leaves the decision down to a compromise between warmth and dexterity and feel.

I just clip it to the sunshade. It has a clip on it, just like a pen.
As far as dexterity and feel goes, I use it to program the app and then use the controller for the rest.
You're not one of those newbies who uses auto takeoff are you?
You should always fly it manually.

Brian

I have just one flight under my belt and it was manually flow from takeoff to landing -- haven't tried the auto modes at all...

And what's with the newbie stuff?

Brian

I have just one flight under my belt and it was manually flow from takeoff to landing -- haven't tried the auto modes at all...

Brian

Brian

Because i thought you were using the touch mode on the app to activate auto take off. That's all.
It should be disabled as it can be dangerous if it decides to come down hard when landing and the gear isn't down yet.
I prefer to lower the legs long before auto landing decides to.
As for the gloves, whatever suits you is best and in combination with the stylus, you can even fly in Antarctica in Winter. No not really, summer yes, winter no.

I have gloves I use for flying the inspire one. They also are touch screen gloves along with my logo. love them.
aaqldRD.jpg

I use a pair of touch screen gloves from B&H $8 I bought two pair .They are perfect! .
I live in northern NY an hour from the border so I fly most of the year when its cold.Last year I gave myself frost bite filming fireworks at -25. The Inspire worked awesome,fingers not so much..... these gloves work great, very cheap do what they need to do. They work well with the OSMO as well.

I use a pair of touch screen gloves from B&H $8 I bought two pair .They are perfect! .
I live in northern NY an hour from the border so I fly most of the year when its cold.Last year I gave myself frost bite filming fireworks at -25. The Inspire worked awesome,fingers not so much..... these gloves work great, very cheap do what they need to do. They work well with the OSMO as well.

Could you provide more details on the specific gloves from B&H?

Brian

i use the 'postman' gloves from Mammut , you can open/close 'four fingers' and the thumb separately.
Good quality fleece and a decent model. Can't find them on their website

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop