Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flight log DATa files

Reaction score
I have started to copy the I1 data files to my macbook. Does anyone know the file format ? Alternatively a mac compatible software that will read the files. I specifically do not want to load an emulator onto the macbook so that I could use Dashware.

I have started to copy the I1 data files to my macbook. Does anyone know the file format ? Alternatively a mac compatible software that will read the files. I specifically do not want to load an emulator onto the macbook so that I could use Dashware.

What I've read is that the flight log files are encrypted and we can not read them. You may want to try this website (http://thecutter.net/djiconverter/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=/djiconverter/) the site might work. If so let me know, I've not had a need as yet to look over my flight logs but it'd be nice to know I'd go about doing that if needed.

Good Luck

The site is great and already gives quite a bit of info but only works for the "small" log files that are recorded by the app, not the "detailed" .DAT logs that are stored on the aircraft. Nobody but DJI has the ability to read those.

Its only a 'little bit" encrypted. The javascript source code for decoding DAT files can be found at https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/static.mapsmadeeasy.com/files/CACHE/js/fdc7bfc1ed99.js

The js is pretty easy to follow (once re-formatted) and can be used as a basis for any app which wants to read the files directly.

Reactions: ringolong
The post was made in case someone wants to decode the DAT files themselves and/or get additional output ...

That was for the op.

I beautified the javascript, and will tear it down once I have time.

I would like to convert it to c# so that I can decrypt server side instead of on the client.

Thanks for sharing!

That was for the op.

I beautified the javascript, and will tear it down once I have time.

I would like to convert it to c# so that I can decrypt server side instead of on the client.

Thanks for sharing!
DatCon is an offline .DAT converter. I.e., you install it on your PC and do the conversion locally. It can be obtained by going here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84