Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flight video

Reaction score
I'm just gonna dump video as I find it because I scour youtube pretty hard right now. I see at least one consistent exposure behavior, sun glare. I've seen it in other footage. Probably controllable by tilting the camera down more but if that's an auto setting it's less than good and that NR filter might come in handy more often than not maybe. I still think it looks good though. Of course I want one!

Yes I just watched that first one - generally pretty good but sometimes it goes over-exposed, and the white balance jumps about - wants setting manually probably a bit warmer. I'd imagine you could lock the exposure down too from what I've seen in the app.
At the end you can see some all to familiar rolling shutter and jitter when panning too fast.
Watching the cars go by the movement is nice and smooth - though it is 60fps.

Certainly the longest flight I've seen thus far, but there's that studdering frame rate thing again. It's hard to know what factor(s) are doing this, be it the footage or post. I keep seeing 4k footage. I kinda wish people would just do some 1080p 30fps footage since no one out here can appreciate 4k playback and it can mostly be hosed in post if you're not doing it right.

NYC ft. looked clean . Agreed . Wish people would shoot 1080/30fps, most of us will use that as a benchmark. Maybe DJI will update the FW/SW or something. There is so much to like about this quad (app, flight time, transforming legs, etc.,) but for ME, the video/still issues kill it for me. Maybe after a month or so, the guys who get them first will sort out these issues

If you guys want better video you should buy a 10'000 $ s1000 and quit bitching I think the video was great for 3000$ you want 10000$ video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you guys want better video you should buy a 10'000 $ s1000 and quit bitching I think the video was great for 3000$ you want 10000$ video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No. I just expect better video then I now get from my PTV2. And BTW no one's bitching. We're making a valid analysis of posted videos. The Inspire is an expensive device and worthy of such discussion

Last edited:
Yeah really, I think the video is awesome overall. Just not sure of the stuttering. Looks like frame rate. Youtube puts a hurt on everything too. I'm posting the videos because I think they're great and I'm grateful people are posting them more and more. Sometime soon I hope, I can post my own.

Yeah really, I think the video is awesome overall. Just not sure of the stuttering. Looks like frame rate. Youtube puts a hurt on everything too. I'm posting the videos because I think they're great and I'm grateful people are posting them more and more. Sometime soon I hope, I can post my own.
Its true about Youtube...however, the stuttering is pretty severe. If its on the PTV2+ like that, one can almost say 'oh well' and try and fix it using ND filters and diff frame rates, (worked for me) but with the Inspire one would expect this to be a non-issue. Maybe its gets fixed with SW/FW update...who knows, I like all of us here are waiting for more first hand user experiences...onward

Overall, I am impressed with the quality of the video. I really think any stuttering you see are post issues...how movies are compressed, etc. The NYC video shows me extremely crisp detail...every bit as clean as the GoPro. I am encouraged by people posting these videos...this is really the first time we can evaluate production models with real people posting footage.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post clips.

Agreed. I think it's mostly in post, although I have seen jello in at least one video. The NYC video doesn't really pan. It's almost stationary footage. Looks great though. I like what I've seen so far. And to be fair to the posters, it doesn't seem like anyone has taken the time or may not even know or understand how to get the best performance from the camera yet. It will take patience and know how to get the best quality. And a lack of know how in editing can make otherwise pristine footage look worse. I say that not as a phography expert, but as someone who makes those mistakes on all counts. My guess is we will continue to see better results when qualified photographers are at that helm with flight. A big reason why I chose the Inspire for my application is because I can pilot and a qualified photographer can take care of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters