Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Florida/USA Drone Liability Insurance/Hobbyist

Reaction score
This may not apply to your country nor state if you are in USA, nor even your insurance company. I was concerned about liability issues with regards to my drone causing damage and/or personal injury and was prepared to purchase liability insurance for me, while using my equipment. I am insured with USAA and since I'm a hobbyist, my homeowner's insurance, which includes liability insurance covers my drone activity. Of course this is not equipment. I am located in Florida, USA.

I'm not 100% positive on if this has changed. However my insurer told me they will not insure hobbyists (Recreational Flyers) for liability. Only hull coverage to replace the drone.

You must have your part 107 certification to get liability insurance was their words.

Maybe it's different for another insurance company, but this was what I was told.

I'm in Florida as well.

Some may have not seen my edit, which was: I am insured with USAA and since I'm a hobbyist, my homeowner's insurance, which includes liability insurance covers my drone activity. Of course this is not equipment. I am located in Florida, USA.

With one-milliion in liability I'm reasonably safe should 10 lbs of hardware land on someone, God forbid the dark humor, and why I avoid populated areas. LOL

Reactions: Greg’s gems
Join the AMA. They provide liability insurance for hobbyists after your homeowners kicks in. So if your homeowners excludes RC I would think the AMA would cover you.

Thanks, I may join regardless as the $1MM seems enuf but in today's litigious socity a million bucks is chump change. Besides, supports a good organization.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla