Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Licensed European Pilot flying Inspire 2 in the US

Reaction score
Hi

Just looking for some legal guidance regarding flying an Inspire 2 in the US. I am a Dutch national and will be on vacation in and around Nevada state, USA shortly. I hold a full drone pilot's licence in my country and fly my Inspire 2 professionally in Europe. During my travels I was hoping to capture some footage for a personal project and have the possibility of a loan of an Inspire 2 locally in Nevada. As a foreign licensed drone pilot, apart from following FAA flight rules and precautions, what other requirements do I need to meet to be able to fly legally there?

Many thanks for your help!

Hi

Just looking for some legal guidance regarding flying an Inspire 2 in the US. I am a Dutch national and will be on vacation in and around Nevada state, USA shortly. I hold a full drone pilot's licence in my country and fly my Inspire 2 professionally in Europe. During my travels I was hoping to capture some footage for a personal project and have the possibility of a loan of an Inspire 2 locally in Nevada. As a foreign licensed drone pilot, apart from following FAA flight rules and precautions, what other requirements do I need to meet to be able to fly legally there?

Many thanks for your help!
You will only be able to fly recreationally within the US since your Dutch Aviation certification is meaningless in the States.
Unfortunately, reciprocity does not stretch to UAV certification on a global basis and each country has its own laws/requirements.

Simply keep to the recreational rules for flying in the USA and you will need to register before you fly to get an FAA number to display on your aircraft.

I am a UK resident holding PfCO and I have just returned from a trip to California.
I registered (cost $5) before I travelled and it is valid for 3 years. However, recreational flying only.

Simply go to the FAA website and follow the links for non resident non part 107 operators.

You will only be able to fly recreationally within the US since your Dutch Aviation certification is meaningless in the States.
Unfortunately, reciprocity does not stretch to UAV certification on a global basis and each country has its own laws/requirements.

Simply keep to the recreational rules for flying in the USA and you will need to register before you fly to get an FAA number to display on your aircraft.

I am a UK resident holding PfCO and I have just returned from a trip to California.
I registered (cost $5) before I travelled and it is valid for 3 years. However, recreational flying only.

Simply go to the FAA website and follow the links for non resident non part 107 operators.

Thanks! That perfectly answers my question. Much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875