Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying in Los Angeles?

@SaltyPilot , well said. I love LA but for sUAS use its a major challenge. Everywhere you’re in someone’s airspace. LAANC helps a lot but you are still limited in the areas you can shoot, let alone fly for recreation. Lovely city.

Hello everyone!

I am planning to take my IP1 X5 from Europe with me to Los Angeles next week, and I was just wondering it it's possible to get some aerial shots of Downtown LA legally without worrying about authorities? I was thinking about taking off in places like Vista Hermosa Park or McArthur Park. Is it possible, or banned? I just don't seem to find many videos from Downtown LA, so I figured it might be forbidden. Of course I am responsible pilot, and I know how to prepare safe flight. Actually, it would be good to know how it is in Los Angeles in general. Should I be worried about police? To be honest, I have no idea how it is in USA right now. I would appreciate any input on this one from local flyers!

I am leaving for France, and they have a similar rule, no flying in CITY URBAN areas for rec pilots unless over private property-not from public areas. As far as LA. Most of this is about the take off and landing areas in LA, however- because they know once you are airborne you are in the FAA's jurisdiction.

I am leaving for France, and they have a similar rule, no flying in CITY URBAN areas for rec pilots unless over private property-not from public areas. As far as LA. Most of this is about the take off and landing areas in LA, however- because they know once you are airborne you are in the FAA's jurisdiction.
The folks In this thread, that have addressed the professional applications are absolutely correct, pay and play or don't play. It is advisable NOT TO PUsH your luck with this unless you can scout and arrange to fly from some private property with permission from the owner.

Reactions: marctronixx
Bear in mind flying over traffic and people is verboten. Plus the police helipads are downtown as well.

I wouldn't risk it myself.

Reactions: marctronixx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm