Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying in Mexico

Reaction score
I have a job photographing in Mexico (various areas around the country) I will be shooting with my Nikons but would love to use the drone as well. I have searched and read the thread on customs and such that was last commented on a little over a month ago. My research shows that "permits are required". I want to fly at night as well, "forbidden without special permission". Any idea what the process/likelihood is of getting permission/permits? What is the process? Is the process lengthy? Any other tips? (Obviously I wouldn't fly near airports or over people)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have a job photographing in Mexico (various areas around the country) I will be shooting with my Nikons but would love to use the drone as well. I have searched and read the thread on customs and such that was last commented on a little over a month ago. My research shows that "permits are required". I want to fly at night as well, "forbidden without special permission". Any idea what the process/likelihood is of getting permission/permits? What is the process? Is the process lengthy? Any other tips? (Obviously I would fly near imports or over people)

Thanks in advance.
Are 'Imports' Airports or are you going to be doing a lot of flying at the incoming area of the docks over shipping containers. :p

I have a job photographing in Mexico (various areas around the country) I will be shooting with my Nikons but would love to use the drone as well. I have searched and read the thread on customs and such that was last commented on a little over a month ago. My research shows that "permits are required". I want to fly at night as well, "forbidden without special permission". Any idea what the process/likelihood is of getting permission/permits? What is the process? Is the process lengthy? Any other tips? (Obviously I wouldn't fly near airports or over people)

Thanks in advance.

I've got the same question. Have flown there before, on private property, away from airports, but might be headed to a more congested area next time. Any experiences/thoughts would help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido