Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying Indoors

Reaction score
What happens when you fly over a couch or table? Does it fly up to maintain its distance from the "ground" or does it recognize terrain change?

What about water? The manual said it might not work, I have seen the skidoo chase video 3' above the water.

The manual indicates that Optical will not work over water. You'll have to rely on GPS. Makes sense because there's nothing for the sensor to differentiate.

Also saw Eric place his hand under the Optical sensor while airborne, and it went into auto landing mode, sensing that it was close to the ground.

Shouldn't radar bounce off water? I flew over a calm creek and it seemed to work. I was curious if anyone else tested this. I dont think it will hold a horizontal position because the camera can't see stable texture over water.

And as water is moving (shift and waves) it might actually mess up with it if you're too close.
Yes if you fly indoor and above an object it will currently jump up (and jump down after it), and if distances comes close enough it will also retract the gear.

Many of us have asked for an option to disable that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrocksshuttle