Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying Inspire 1 close to Phantom 4 Advice?

rmb

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
I am producing a small behind the scenes shoot with the phantom 4 filming the Inspire, so we will be flying in close proximity to each other as well as controlling the 2 birds standing close as well. Any tips or concerns from the group would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Fly safe!
rmb

I am producing a small behind the scenes shoot with the phantom 4 filming the Inspire, so we will be flying in close proximity to each other as well as controlling the 2 birds standing close as well. Any tips or concerns from the group would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Fly safe!
rmb
There should be no issues since both utilise FHSS for 2.4ghz control link.
However a couple of things to bear in mind:
Switch one of the remotes on first followed by the corresponding aircraft (doesn't matter which) and allow it a few seconds to establish a robust link.
Then switch the other remote and aircraft on.
This will ensure the first aircraft has a reliable 2.4ghz lock and means the second remote/aircraft you turn on will avoid this frequency etc.

Secondly, you MAY get poor video link/quality from the FPV feed. If this is the case, select the channels manually on both aircraft and you should be fine.

First - if you are both flying, ensure you have a third person to act as a spotter and maintain airspace and ground situational awareness - the pilots will be too busy.

Plan each sequence carefully beforehand - safer and makes the most of air time.

Separation is what prevents collisions so only fly as close as you absolutely need to and no closer - sounds obvious I know but must be said.

The lead pilot should maintain a running commentary so the following pilot knows when the lead pilot is going to change speed, direction or altitude and can adapt accordingly.

Have a collision avoidance plan so you both know what to do if you're on a head on course, i.e. if you both agree to go to your respective right, you will fly away from each other and not accidentally both turn off in the same direction in the very short space of time before a collision.

Its easy to forget about battery levels when flying like this. Keep a close eye on battery levels so neither of you goes into low battery mode and heads auto home, straight into the other aircraft!

Do a mixture of shots, with the phantom stationary as well as following the inspire.

Good luck with it.

Check Autoflight logic. They have develpped an app called Airspace that may be applicable to what you are doing. I have not looked closely, however we use the Autoflight Logic Autopilot App all the times and it is rock solid for preprograqmming flights

Reactions: LLWS
Using an Airspace you could actually just set the P4 to follow the Inspire as the leader and focus point. This way the P4 will always track, follow, and focus on the Inspire like it's magic. It will do exactly what the OP wants to accomplish and keep the Inspire in frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop