Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying Inspire 1 without gimble/camera

Reaction score
As a new owner and pilot I have just wanted to fly the Inspire 1 without the risking the gimble/camera. Each time I have tried to launch without the gimble attached I have a NO SERVICE instead of a safe to fly. As soon as I attach the gimble its safe to fly. Is this normal procedure and must the camera be attached to fly ? There is nothing in the manual covering this.

Hi Dave, good question! As I'm just finding out you have just nearly answered my question too, I have an inspire and I'm trying to link it to my remote but I thought you would have to have the camera connected in order to link the remote to the inspire, apparently I've been told you don't, can you tell me does it allow you to fire up the props to the point it will allow you to fly even with the NO SERVICE error and with no camera fitted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Dave, good question! As I'm just finding out you have just nearly answered my question too, I have an inspire and I'm trying to link it to my remote but I thought you would have to have the camera connected in order to link the remote to the inspire, apparently I've been told you don't, can you tell me does it allow you to fire up the props to the point it will allow you to fly even with the NO SERVICE error and with no camera fitted?

Hi Carlos,
I did start the props but did not launch as I was not sure what would happen and took the safe approach. Put the Gimble on and wola all go, safe to fly. So for me I will never fly without gimble, it could be a balance issue for flight. I was told at a training seminar you can fly without but not me.

Ok thanks for the info that's answered my question, happy flying :)

I've never tried it without, but I've seen video of people doing it, perhaps they made it no longer possible in new firmware. It isn't exactly safe to fly without telemetry and battery info, battery dies and then it crashes if you don't watch the voltage

Hi Dave, I've just re-built a crashed I1, that has also been contaminated with water but salt water! and need to test it with out the gimbal, you have answered my question
thanks for the video
Dave

The simulator is a great place to get some stick time flying without a camera view as well.

You can test various modes, gains, CSC's, maneuvers etc without risking your aircraft.

Use AirPlay on iOS to project to your big screen TV via Apple TV for an immersive experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo